Motawa Time (Extreme)

next tme wear a baseball cap, it will do
even backwards, no harm

musicman wrote:

even backwards, no harm

Actually, not.  Some of the Filipina wonen I know regularly wear hats and when I asked them, they have said they are still sometimes harrassed.

Alliecat wrote:
musicman wrote:

even backwards, no harm

Actually, not.  Some of the Filipina wonen I know regularly wear hats and when I asked them, they have said they are still sometimes harrassed.

Agree with Alliecat - the Matawa need to see the hair, neck & chest covered, hence the long scarf - quite often, all you need to do is just cover the hair then they leave you alone; it's not a lot to ask really, so is just so much easier not to draw unwanted attention when out - as someone previously said "when in Rome ....."  my problem is I sometimes feel an inchy winchy bit rebelliou and there lies the problem! :P

wow guys.......i still have 5 days b4 moving to jeddah for work, and such posts isnt helping :)
does this happen too there? I heard that shorts arent allowed and i keep my shorts on from the first hot whisper of air till the temperature falls to 10degrees.. i know its easier on males than females but still.....
Ramon, how can u explain opening a mixed gender university in such a closed society? what ill the moutawe3 do in such case?!

ezzix wrote:

wow guys.......i still have 5 days b4 moving to jeddah for work, and such posts isnt helping :)
does this happen too there? I heard that shorts arent allowed and i keep my shorts on from the first hot whisper of air till the temperature falls to 10degrees.. i know its easier on males than females but still.....
Ramon, how can u explain opening a mixed gender university in such a closed society? what ill the moutawe3 do in such case?!

Hi ezzix, don't be perturbed by these blogs - you need to keep them in context.  Riyadh is the strictest of all so you will find other areas more relaxed - if you can do Riyadh, you can do anywhere! 

I haven't any experience of Jeddah, but others on this site will have and will respond; I have just heard it is more relaxed on the rules, it is very humid heat and not the arid Riyadh heat and being coastal will have a different range of activities - so let's see what others say ...... 

Enjoy Jeddah

ezzix wrote:

Your shorts need to be below the knee; cargo-type shorts are fine.

As for KAUST, it was established by KING ABUDLLAH himself in an effort to establish a world-class university here in Saudi.  If any mutawa dared to enter and tell women to cover or not to mix, he would promptly find himself escourted OFF the premises! Hamdallah!!

Alliecat wrote:
anil.soni wrote:

Nice one Beezer. Basic rule you get what you give to others..

Though i have never experienced any issues so far with any of the Mutawa's.

Anil

cause you cover your head :P 

lol

Wow, another CD?

Okey, when you live in foreign country you most respect there rules and traditions.
i didn't say the Motawa in right accually it's rong acts.

as a Saudi muslim guy it's my plessure to tell you that all the woman's here are covered or just showing her face. and it's not allowed in islam to have a GF or BF there is just a marriage.
so in our country and our Islam religion it's not decent to show up in the public with ladies which there are not relatives to you, relative mean (your sisters or wives).

i will not discuss with you if this consept rong or right.
it's not about religion we are as a Muslim respect all the religions.

the community here is like this, Based on many thing's

you must respect the peopels way, especailly when you are live with them.

So, don't laughing if you face this a gain.

regards,,

khalid.q wrote:

I'll laugh any time I darn well please--it's the only way to survive the madness here.

Khalid Wrote:

:blink:

CAF wrote:

Khalid Wrote:

I'll meet your :blink: and raise you two more :blink::blink: !!

Id rather do what Tiger did on the green

khalid.q wrote:

Okey, when you live in foreign country you most respect there rules and traditions.
i didn't say the Motawa in right accually it's rong acts.

as a Saudi muslim guy it's my plessure to tell you that all the woman's here are covered or just showing her face. and it's not allowed in islam to have a GF or BF there is just a marriage.
so in our country and our Islam religion it's not decent to show up in the public with ladies which there are not relatives to you, relative mean (your sisters or wives).

i will not discuss with you if this consept rong or right.

the community here is like this, Based on many thing's

you must respect the peopels way, especailly when you are live with them.

regards,,

Kq are you for real!

Alliecat wrote:
CAF wrote:

Khalid Wrote:

I'll meet your :blink: and raise you two more :blink::blink: !!

ummmm..... ok as a British-born muslim who respects her religion may I see your blinks and raise you :blink::blink::blink:

and kq may I suggest that your time be better spent learning English so that you are able to construct a more coherent argument next time?!