Is 2450E brut salary ok for a Junior Marketing Manager?

Hi, everyone!

I just went through a job interview in a telecommunication company based in Brussels, and they made an offer of 2450 euros brut for a position of Junior Marketing Manager. How do you find this salary considering that I am a starter with 8 months experience and the contract is for a defined period of 3 months? Hope to hear from you soon, and thank you! :D

Hello bucur_oana_lavinia and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the  Brussels forum so as to help you get better response and visibility.

While waiting for some members to revert back, I invite you to browse through threads in our Cost of living in Brussels section to be able to compare your salary with the cost of life there.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

bucur_oana_lavinia wrote:

[...] an offer of 2450 euros brut for a position of Junior Marketing Manager. [...] starter with 8 months experience and the contract is for a defined period of 3 months? [...] :D

Welcome to Brussels, Oana!
Well, that amount for a junior position with said experience is more or less what you can expect around Brussels.

When I first came here it was something close to that amount, being in a similar situation (junior level, 8 months exp)

However, I would suggest you to ask them about the benefits they are offering, such as a company car, restaurant tickets, Internet allowances, medical insurance, etc... just to have a full view of the package.

Since taxes are very high in Belgium (depending on your civil status you'll see your brutto salary reduced in up to 40%) many companies offer those benefits in kind so as to be more attractive to their employees, and not giving away too much cash.

Then, assuming you're getting 2450 brutto per month and you are single and no charges (no kids or elders depending on you), you would end up with 1600-1700 approx, but that you will only discover when your first salary arrives.

Good luck and enjoy! ;)