Nationality Application Status

Hi All,

I think it is probably not bad to have a topic where we could share any timeline of citizenship approval.

Please share your timeline if it is possible :)

For me, it was 4 months after Commune submitted the file (Brussels Region).

For me , it was a bit less than 4 months since the commune submitted on July 20th. Nationality approved on November 15th.

Hello , Anone here applied for nationality in the month of September 2022 . decision received or still in waiting phase . Commume told me that normally it takes 4 month. mine is over 4 months and still no decision / updates/ existing L card is still active. anyway to check the status

@Jo2345

I think there is a bit of delay in process. My friend received the nationality this week and it's already 4 months 2 weeks.

@Jimsen ok thanks. which commune was dat

@Jo2345 : Saint-Josse

Hello,

I have PR (L card ) just got. I like to apply citizenship. And I have a 4 weeks of potential interruption on my residence permit back in time  while I was still officially  PhD student with salary at that time. Finally, I was able to get PR permit at the end. However, I wonder how this potential interruption may affect my citizenship application and also is there any risk on my current PR permit ?

Thank you so much

Once you've a permanent resident card, you can't lose it except if you leave Belgium for few years or do a serious crime.

The commune can tell you about the interrupt and if it's ok or not.

You've to consult the history of residenship in Belgium to see if there's an interrupt or not.

@AlexFromBelgium Hello Alex, is it true that when there is an interruption in someone's residence, interrupt is written on certificate of residence with history?

@AlexFromBelgium Hello Alex, is it true that when there is an interruption in someone's residence, interrupt is written on certificate of residence with history?
-@ABS25

We can download the history of residency from IRIS or the commune website. However, thoes kind of history is general.

to see the real history, you need to ask the commune. But in my experience, they can let you see it (probably not) but giving a copy or taking a photo is not allowed. But indeed, you can just ask “When am I eligible to apply for the citizenship” and they could reply to you with like “submit now” or even a specific date :)

also, it is not written as “interruption”. But based on the timeline, they clearly see when were you removed/deregistered from the commune and than you were registered again. The difference in dates were indeed considered as a gap naturally.

There were exceptional real stories that you cant believe but I cannot speak out loud here. But just ask and go forward.

Hello @Jimsen , did your friend was invited for an interview (since he is also in Brussels)?

its been almost 2 months for me since i applied and im trying to stay at home so i dont miss any contact but im worried i might do by going to the office.

thank you

@vocicag725 :

There was no interview / police visit for my friend for Belgium nationality.

@Peterjohn123 Hello peter. What are possible evidences of getting removed from national register? What if someone has gap of 2 days in annexe 15 renewal just because they could not go to commune for extension of annexe 15? Although never removed from national register. What i learned by myself, interruption is only when you were removed from national register or lost right to reside in Belgium.

@AlexFromBelgium Thank you for your reply . When I checked my "getuigschrift van woonst back in time before PR I got. It was indicated that 27/07 is afgevoerd-verlies van verblijsrecht until 03-09 in the same year. Despited that, I was finally able to get my PR. City hall knows also between those days they messed up with my paper work that they partly caused to it too.

So, What do you think for the citizenship application and PR card point. Btw, I gonna be here 10 years in total by end of September.

@Peterjohn123 Hello peter. What are possible evidences of getting removed from national register? What if someone has gap of 2 days in annexe 15 renewal just because they could not go to commune for extension of annexe 15? Although never removed from national register. What i learned by myself, interruption is only when you were removed from national register or lost right to reside in Belgium.
-@ABS25

Yes it is considered as interruption if you were removed from the register but, they are still right if they only look at the timestamp, e.g renewal date vs expiration date which should overlap…

however, what is the purpose of your Annex15?

@Peterjohn123 Just renewal of residence card

@Seriella as long as you respect the laws and you're eligible, no problem :)

In a 10 years of stay case, it's pretty easy if you know one of our national language at a very basic level (A2)

@Peterjohn123 Just renewal of residence card
-@ABS25

Its probably not an issue as that annex states that you are already in an extension progress. Having it expires let you face admin issues for other paper works (like to proof your identity…) but other than that, the annex itself could just be extended after the exp without issue as long as you have no decision on the “ongoing extension”.

@Peterjohn123 Thanks

My timeline:

Applied at the City hall (Sint-Niklaas): 23-Dec-2022

Letter received from the City hall about documents are in order: 28-Dec-2022

Police Check (police called first to check best time to meet at home): 23-Jan-2023

Nationality approved: 17-Mar-2023

Notification from the city hall by post: 27-Mar-2023.