4000 Gross Per Month - in Brussels - advice needed

Hi
I have 10 years experience in IT and i have been offered a job in Brussels that pays 3900 Gross per Month
I have a kid and non-working spouse.

I do have the other standard perks like a car and meal allowance

Is that good for a comfortable living ? I am also not sure if the pay is decent for a person of my experience.

Many Belgian families live with just half of your salary...

It's a good deal, and you will live in good conditions.
Go ahead

Thank you for your reply

3900€ without tax is a real good salary for a "foreigner" in IT with 10 years exp that doesn't speak French or Dutch.
It's a bit less than the average Belgian/European citizen salary with such exp in IT, who can speak fluently in one of the official language, but still, it seems to be a fair deal.

In the end, you'll get +/-2700/3000€ after tax on your bank account per month, maybe a bit more if your family travel with you and they're in your charge.

Are you an expert in something or not? (C/C++, Assembler, SAP, Oracle, ...)
Are you going to be a free lance or employee/consultant? I assume you'll be employee based on the salary.
Is your contract 38 hours per week or 40h? (Keep in mind you won't have any holidays during your first working year in Belgium, except for the legal day off! Then 21 days off (+12 if 40 hours contracts) + legal days off after January 2019 as an employee/consultant)

Nowadays, cars are always included in the IT package salary (you won't receive the car before getting a Belgian driving license), as well as meal voucher/cash, insurance group, hospital insurance (that cover all your family IN Belgium).
This is the "basic" Belgian package in IT.

I think that if you get paid "that much" as a "foreigner", your company will not pay for your expatriation (apartment/house loan) and they'll only foreseen the visa application and "maybe" your flight tickets.
But you'll easily be able to afford for a loan and live well with such salary, don't worry! Just keep in mind that if you rent an apartment/house, you'll have to provide 2x / 3x time the loan at once. The money will be locked on a bank account and you'll only get it back when you leave the place if you didn't destroy/damage anything.

Like phipiemar said, many Belgian and European citizens do not get that much. Thanks for the IT salaries.

In the end, your package seems to be good in your case.
Keep in mind that most of other Indians expat would only get around 2500-3000€ maximum without tax and without a car, but maybe with a super small apartment included!
So don't talk about your salary/advantage with other Indians in your future company, as they'd be jealous for sure!

Btw, if I were you, I would definitely ask from your future employer if they can also provide French or Dutch lessons to help you integrate in Belgium! It's expensive if you pay it yourself and they can easily provide it to you only, not your family.

Thank you sir. That was exactly the info i was looking for.. Appreciate it.

Hi rajvish,

Your net monthly salary would be around 2750 euros. I was using this site to calculate my monthly income based on the offer my employer made while I had no idea about the taxes before coming  to Belgium , and it gives pretty accurate result (http://www.sd.be/loonsimulator/public/?lang=EN)

Of course the biggest cost is the accommodation. In Brussels 2 bedroom apartments rental cost between 800 - 1000 euros per month. Additionally you need to pay more less 200 euros per month for your invoices and for the other charges.

I think the rest of the living expenses depend on each living styles, but you can find some information about the living expenses on the forum.

I agree AlexFromBelgium for the language courses. You and your family members can also attend the language classes which are provided by communes, they are very cheap (80-100 euros per 4 months) and super effective. I had 2 different private language teachers at the office but I prefer the one at the commune.

Good luck

thank you sir. That link really helps.