Retired Native American looking to move to Warsaw, Poland area

Hello Expats,

For a variety of reasons, I'm looking into moving to Warsaw, Poland from Connecticut.  Can anyone suggest resources that I may reference?  For example, I assume I need some kind of permanent resident visa.  How would I go about doing this.  Then there are the usual questions regarding bank accounts, moving and customs, etc.  Too many to burden a forum with.  However, I really can't find any cookbook to accomplish this.

Walter

[Moderated: No free ad]

I see..... your future:

Native English speaker paid under the table, having to travel back to CT to obtain legal documents from Polish consulate nearest to your home address.  Then returning to Poland to continue to work under the table...  Line ups at Dluga street and legal technicalities you have to pay someone to guide you through in Poland's medical/legal tourism trade. Good times.

I hope you like to drink.

Hi Walter,

Native American? does that make you a "Mohegan"?  :)
I am sure there are some of your fellow Americans here to help you, if not, I can put you in touch with an American living near Warsaw.

Colin

The Shadow wrote:

I see..... your future:

Native English speaker paid under the table, having to travel back to CT to obtain legal documents from Polish consulate nearest to your home address.  Then returning to Poland to continue to work under the table...  Line ups at Dluga street and legal technicalities you have to pay someone to guide you through in Poland's medical/legal tourism trade. Good times.

I hope you like to drink.

I really do not understand majority of your posts. Although I am (if not perfect) quite fluent in English.
Eg "Native English speaker paid under the table".
But this statement is not true, if I understand it right: "you have to pay someone to guide you through in Poland's medical/legal tourism trade". You do not have pay anything for any advice if you find a friendly person, who will help you. How to find a person like that? Just be nice and try some Polish language.

Hello Walter,

How have your plans been lately?

Dez

I live in Connecticut and had assumed real estate prices would have recovered at least to y2k levels.  I was shocked to see my 3 bdrm condo selling at a price I never saw in my past 25 years of being there.  Basically, there is no money in it.  I had expected using the money from the condo for buying something or renting something.  That is not the case.  So, my plans are on hold.  But, thank you for asking. W--

All the best then and keep the faith!
Cheers,

Dez

Hi Walter,

Are you in a position first to visit, and when there circulate around to establish connections (regarding to work too, if necessary)? The transition is not a matter of radical dissection; the process occurs in stages, and over time. All of what you have in mind is possible, but you have to dip your toe in the pool first.

Yes, I've visited Poland many times and I do have connections there.  However, I've put the idea back on the shelf.  I would get considerably less for my townhouse condominium, which I bought during the later part of the 1990s.  I found out that real estate prices are still severely depressed, even though I live in Connecticut.  So I get to stay in my native home for the foreseeable future.
W--