Moving from USA to Poland

We are planning to move from the USA to Warsaw next year. We are looking for a reliable shipping company and good storage in Warsaw until we find a house.
What documents do we need?  Taking 2 cars as well as house contents.
Any good advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Hi Zabka,

For shipping company, try to get a free quote from them here: https://www.expat.com/en/movers/europe/poland/warsaw/

Good luck,
Christine

Thank you Christine, very helpful! I will contact them.

Hi Zabka,

I am not sure if I am too late to respond regarding your move to Poland.  Specifically shipping a car to Poland.  I have just completed that process and want to warn that it's quite complex with both meeting the requirements for car inspection and all of the documents required to properly register the vehicles.  I hope that one of you speaks fluent Polish because of the difficulties you will run into.  One of the things that I did which I thought was better was not shipping directly to Poland but to Germany instead.
There is a lot to know if you'd like to know more feel free to message me but use my email, **** as I don't seem to get notifications for messages that are sent here.

Bernie

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello befranklin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Please note that for security reason, contact details should not be posted on the forum. You may send your details to Zabka by using the private message.

In order for you to get notified of any message posted on this topic, I would advise you to subscribe to the topic. You will find the Subscribe button on the top right of this page, just under the New topic button.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Cheryl
Expat.Com Team