Planning to go for an exchange to Warsaw

Hi There, I'm Jendry from Indonesia.

I'm currently studying in Jakarta and planning to go for an exchange program to Kozminsky University in Warsaw next year ( starting mid 2015). I have some questions regarding to my exchange plan :

1) Which district is the best for me to stay (which is close to the university) and also located centrally near city center?
2) I'm looking for studio apartment with the budget max 450€/month including bills. Is it possible to get it around that price in the city center?
3) When I'm arrived there, is there any affordable polish language course available for students?

I really appreciate your help here,

Thank you in advance ! Terima Kasih :)

Hi Jendry, answering your questions:

1) I think a good district for you to live is Praga, is not far away from your University and also it is really well located from Centrum :)
2) I think with that money you can get a really good room or flat ;) so don't worry. Try to look for groups in Facebook 'Exchange Erasmus in Warsaw' or 'Erasmus in Warsaw' or something similar, in those groups there are a lot of offers for apartments.
3) Polish courses are expensive most of the times, however you can find some schools that offer intensive courses. Also there are some organizations for foreigners where they have Polish courses really cheap and sometimes for free. Try to search in google for: fundacja rozwoju oprócz granic, or fundacja ocalenie

Cheers ;D

Hi Davnec !!

Thank you for your detailed response, it really helps. :)

Hello,

I was actually on exchange at KU myself, so here are my impressions:

-most exchange students live in the center, it's easy to get to the uni by tram and you have everything you want close by. Praga is closer but the center is nicer and there's more to do
-most students also live together. Are you sure you want to be alone? It's possible for that price, but you'll have a lot more fun being w others.
-Kozminski offers Polish classes as well, most students took that and it was good enough