House purchase prices - experiences sought

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a house in Malta and would like to repeat Kiwi Dans request for info. As I understand it;

- there is no published info on house prices (mouse price etc)
- sold prices are about 70% of asking price
- asking prices are a bit random.

Could those that have bought here please share some info, anecdotes and most importantly percentage difference between asking and purchase price,

thanks,

Hello,
We have bought three times in Sliema. Never managed to get the price down but did get manage to get extras, eg first apartment was a shell so we asked for doors and bathrooms to be put in for no extra cost and they were! We even chose them all.
Second one was 10,000 cheaper with one estate agent than the others so went for the cheapest, obviously!
Third one we asked for all the furniture and appliances to be included in price as we sold ours with previous apartment. The notary declared  that 14,000 of the total paid was for the furniture and appliances etc so tax was not payable on that bit.

That's our experience.
Hope it helps. 😄

Hiya Brayster,

Similar experience, first property we managed to reduce by about 10K but there were no estate agents involved and it was a cash deal, the second property we managed to reduce the price a little, but got them to put the appliances in the price, therefore again the Notary managed to put approx 15K as ancillaries, thus reducing the tax also.

If you need to transfer funds from abroad to here then PM me as I can help there.

Julian