Moving to Malta - how fast do apartment lets go?

Hi Everyone,

It seems like I will finally join the crowd in Malta, but the problem is that the start date for the company i September 1, in 10 days that is! I will be moving with a family of 3 (wife and 2 small kids) and we will only bring clothes, etc. We have the money for accommodation and everything, including bonds etc, but would like to know how fast you can rent a flat? Ideally it would be to book a looking with an agency and view a few apartments and select one the very first day and just move in. Is that possible, or do they require some period of time or anything?

Also a side note, can you advise any good real estate agents (local) that can help with long-term lets?
Thanks!

property over here can seem to go very quickly , especially with agents .. however from my experience i find they have properties that they have let already to entice you ... and as many other agents advertise the same property . Have a budget , detail your information and the agents will tell you what they have on offer .
Agents will charge you a fee of about half a months rent as a finding fee etc.

i think your better off searching maltapark.com , times of malta and the housing part of this website and deal with owners direct. this means you will usually find the property empty and can move pretty much straight away , if you like something be prepared to move fast though ..
you will need to find short-term accomdation perhaps for a week just t tide you over and be aware that for the next couple of months its still high season and people charge higher prices for property/ or do short term only lets ..especially in the tourist areas,

You will find somewhere though depending on the area your looking and size of property

robpw2 wrote:

property over here can seem to go very quickly , especially with agents .. however from my experience i find they have properties that they have let already to entice you ... and as many other agents advertise the same property . Have a budget , detail your information and the agents will tell you what they have on offer .
Agents will charge you a fee of about half a months rent as a finding fee etc.

i think your better off searching maltapark.com , times of malta and the housing part of this website and deal with owners direct. this means you will usually find the property empty and can move pretty much straight away , if you like something be prepared to move fast though ..
you will need to find short-term accomdation perhaps for a week just t tide you over and be aware that for the next couple of months its still high season and people charge higher prices for property/ or do short term only lets ..especially in the tourist areas,

You will find somewhere though depending on the area your looking and size of property

Thank you, I was in touch with two real estate agencies in Malta and they will show me around next week. Extra fees does not matter as the company will reimburse me. Thank you once again for your help.

can you let us know some details , size pcm etc