Can you change your financial status with a retirement visa?

Presently I have for 8 yrs used the B800,000. in the bank as guarantee for my yearly visa.  I want to change with the letter from the Embassy and un-tie this money  Has anyone ever changed their financial status????

oldhippy wrote:

Presently I have for 8 yrs used the B800,000. in the bank as guarantee for my yearly visa.  I want to change with the letter from the Embassy and un-tie this money  Has anyone ever changed their financial status????

Yes I have. I have used money in bank, combination method and income(embassy letter) on different renewals since 2008. I now use just income. As a Brit it cost me around £50 for the letter from UK Embassy in Bangkok. No issues, just make sure you have relevant copies etc.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I will try yr method 1st with the embassy letter and then if no problems, I will withdraw my funds.

oldhippy wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply.  I will try yr method 1st with the embassy letter and then if no problems, I will withdraw my funds.

You are welcome. Given that your profile says you are a US citizen the process at your embassy simply involves swearing an oath that your income is $XXXXX. Not sure of the cost for you though.

By all means keep your 800,000 on ice till after the process.

Hey
as a yank to a fellow yank listen to thetefldon. he's the sharpest by far I've seen on here...
state what you income is (common now be honest snicker snicker) on a form go to embassy or consultant pay 50$ raise your right hand swear your telling the truth sign form, wait for them to sign and put seal on it, take it to Thai immigration and walla! that's your income. that letter and money in bank must equal 800,000 baht and your in..... hard as that...
Mike

as a yank to a fellow yank listen to thetefldon. he's the sharpest by far I've seen on here...

Thanks Mike, very kind of you to say so.

lol, no problem... any country with Fish and chips rates high in my book...
Loved the UK and the Brits and Scots I had a chance to meet there when I worked in the North Sea... Think it was you who gave me advise when I met the requirements to come here but a lady in the thai embassy turned me down for a retirement visa. Was thinking about hiring a company and I think you who replied back why do that it's easy to do it yourself.... or something like that, was about 13 - 14 months ago.....
anyhow the best to ya...
Mike

First of all, going on nine-years in Chiang Mai.

I went into the Thai Immigration with my income affidavit from the U.S. Consulate.

By chance, I also showed them the letter and 'book-bank' from Bangkok Bank showing +800k. Frankly they did not want to see it - PERIOD!

The notarized  affidavit was ALL they wanted/needed.

Well if ones affidavit is 40k / 65k then sure they don´t NEED the bank book.

I apply for 1 years Extension "Married" on 26 May, using a Affidavit from my Embassy +100k pr month and my Immigration still want my bank book to see if i transfer 40k pr month or more into Thailand.

It is up to your Immigration office if they want more documents, I know of people have to apply the paper that our embassy use for the affidavit to translate to Thai and bring to the Immigration office. Normal our 1 year tax paper, or our pension paper, income paper.

I have been using the embassy affidavit confirming my pension income but it had to be accompanied by the actual pension documents with the amounts clearly specified.