Visa Requirements

Have read various conflicting information regarding spouses and qualifications.  When we first moved to Pattaya we were advised that we would both need 800,000 baht EACH to qualify or in my case my pension plus the difference to meet the 800,000 baht security.  Recently read where now that my wife does not have to have the 800,000 baht but can "piggy back" on my security.  Is this correct that she does not have to have the financial security???

Aussie Blue wrote:

Have read various conflicting information regarding spouses and qualifications.  When we first moved to Pattaya we were advised that we would both need 800,000 baht EACH to qualify or in my case my pension plus the difference to meet the 800,000 baht security.  Recently read where now that my wife does not have to have the 800,000 baht but can "piggy back" on my security.  Is this correct that she does not have to have the financial security???

This seems a bit of a grey area. If you take section 2.20 of Police Order 777-2551 literally then a spouse of a retiree(on retirement extension) may indeed be granted an extension based on that relationship.

However I have heard that various Thai Immigration Offices interpete this order to mean that when the spouse (dependent)reaches 50+ he/she must qualify seperately for retirement extension which means proving 800,000 Baht in the bank etc. One could imagine several creative ways of geting away with just one lump sum, but if income is involved it might be more difficult.

Hope that helps.

Hi I've been living in Bangkok since Dec 2013 and have been entering the country monthly on a 30 day Tourist visa exemption.

Thought of applying for the retirement visa and have been offered the services of Siamese-visa.com

Would anyone know if these guys are legit ?

thanks

gtaitjr wrote:

Hi I've been living in Bangkok since Dec 2013 and have been entering the country monthly on a 30 day Tourist visa exemption.

Thought of applying for the retirement visa and have been offered the services of Siamese-visa.com

Would anyone know if these guys are legit ?

thanks

Hi, never heard of the company. Have heard of Siam Legal who do this sort of work. To be honest it is so easy to do yourself and will cost a lot less than what these companies charge. If you need help PM me and I will forward you a guide to do it yourself.

As thetefldon, No need to pay anyone company to help you out.

About spouses own 800.000 baht more and more Immigration are using that.

If both people are over 50 years, it open for only 800.000 baht, 1 can apply use the money, after that transfer the money to wife/man account, wait for 2-3 month and apply, That means 1 might need to leave country for a NoN O Single entry 90 days.
After that transfer money back, so money there next time for first one to apply for a Extension.

Best to ask you local Immigration office want they want about "spouses" requirement.

Rules have changed as far as I know she needs to show financials herself also, cannot piggyback on yours.

Retirement    Non O visas       show 65,000 Baht a month equivalent coming into a foreign account, money does not have to be in a Thai bank.     ie:  Can you transfer that amount from one bank to another and show the deposit going in.?

Aussie Blue wrote:

thaivisaforum.com       has all the info you need on visas and life in Thailand.  Your wife cannot piggy back any more changes this year.