How to make new friends

Hi all I have been living in Kuwait for almost 2 years now am 24 years old and working as a teacher.  so far I didn't make lots of friends ..I have a few from my skol but they r arab am fine wity them but they r not open minded like me.. I wanna meet new pple .. 2 go out and have fun.. am outgoing and I like 2 laugh I started getting bored .. any suggestions?

Hi how are you?

@blackflower you are at luck, coz you found a place where there are many cool people whom I bet you'll find interesting. I met some of them through this blog and we are good friends now.

One thing you can do is join some of the activities going on in Kuwait. There is a full thread for that. Just choose your poison (like the illustrious @Legacy says).

In fact, there is a nice event which will take place this very evening at 7:00 PM in Americani Cultural Center. If you want more information just let me know.

What thread are the activities on exactly? I'm using my phone so it's not very clear.

If you could post a link I would be very grateful :)

Here is a link to the activities thread :)

Thank you.  ;)

Thank 4 the link ;)

email me :)
yes i am an arab but an open minded arab... i was raised in UK...
[email protected]

@blackflower to answer your question (the title of the post), you can make friends in two ways:
1- Accept friendship offers from good people
2- Offer friendship to good people

as simple as that :P

Interesting

hi there! what things u like to do for fun? in also kinda bored here...

There is a Turkish night which will be held this evening ... they organize some nice and lively events here in Kuwait every now and then. If you follow up closely (like I do ;) ) you'll be surprised at how many things are actually going on here.

Hello,
How are u I know its boaring there I found it hard here to have an ooen minded friends :) I do go everyday for a walk n sometimes basketball let me know if u wanna join :)

Agreed :)

how about ppl visiting? any special tips? :)

Me... i 'll be glade to goin u... am walking on the beatch almost every night.

:top:

I think the term open minded is thrown around a lot without proper consideration as to what it means; my father-in-law claimed he was open minded then went and threw the traditional book at me!

firstly; when u claim u are looking for open minded friends it translates negatively on this side of the world. secondly, by stating you are open minded, you draw the attention of the wrong crowd that would exploit your "open mindedness" by claiming they are equally open minded even tho they only have a mind for one thing; not saying that that is the general rule however, better safe than sorry.

in order to meet open minded people, do not go by what they say, rather how they act. go out to group outings, meet people through that setting and take it from there. there are several outings that take place in any given month (be careful of the dry spell as teachers will be travelling back home soon, wait, I guess so will you)

and that's my 2 cents worth :)

Good Morning,

Legacy----- you are 100% right and practically true with facts :( i've the same problem

After i ended up with a friend not counted even in one hand but happy as if i do wanna friend they should like me or at least have the same aspects  and moreover and mostly to be Honest :(:(((((

i was having that excitement 2 year ago,but after looking at peoples body languge and way of thinking,i was dishearted as most of have the same narrow thinking.Its hard to find people who real mean being "open minded".

and one characteristic i found the most,the people who are most open minded are the most shy to talk.

old post but worth commenting , real friends here in Kuwait from my experience is extremely rare specially if your looking for open minded, lots claim to be open minded just to reach their aim and once they get what they need , you're done for and that goes for male and female  , mostly people know you to spend leisure time if they don't have anything else to do , or for a thing they need from you, am new here in this community :) but not new in Kuwait, met few genuine open minded crowd though they tend to leave the country after a while ( not because of me hehe they kinda don't like it here ), would be interested in meeting genuine people online and take it from there :) and i agree that real open minded genuine people here in Kuwait are the most shy, so i think online introduction would be best ! :)

a real friend would care about u and your well being as much as he/she for themselves at least if not more !

Ramadan kareem

Sometimes when I wanna feel sad I just kinda remember it's an Arab world. Making friends is not as easy as in the western world, in just a year here in kuwait and couldn't make a friend rather than colleagues at work; when we close from work it ends there until the next day making you finding it difficult to get someone to talk to afterwards. I'm also tired of this boredom as an African we love meeting people and that I'm finding hard to. Even when u add folk on this blog some don't accept and some do but will never care for a chat. Anyone who cares for a friendship I'll gladly be honoured.

Mystery world wrote:

Ramadan kareem

Allahu akram :)

I would be glad to get to know you if you are interested

That's gonna b great....we can gt started.

Let me know how you want to do that

Hi new friends, I'm looking to make new friends too! I'm not an expat yet, trying to find a job in the Middle East is harder than I thought, even though I speak and understand Arabic. I'm struggling to see where I can fit into this world we live in. Pls help! X

It's nice thread, which discuss the things that most of us is expecting, the "NETWORKING". To cut off any risk of meeting individual, why don't we arrange a meet-up event in near future as a genuine group. Let's say 10 people agree on a particular day to meet, let's do it. We can build up something for great happening.

Let's choose an evening in a Friday. Meet up in a place like coffee shop where we can find large table to sit for everybody comfortably. Then have coffee, chat, and make a happening group. After that let's take a rotation of responsibilities to organize a weekly meet up. Cost will be equally shared.

Any suggestion second this....