Bringing prescribed medicines to Kuwait.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with antidepressants in Kuwait? I have a prescription for them here in the UK and was wondering if they are available through prescription in Kuwait? I have a tentative job offer there starting in September which would include full medical coverage.

Would I be able to bring an initial supply with me to Kuwait (3 -4 months worth) with a note from my GP? I am also prescribed Xanax but only about 5 tablets at a time and I use it maybe 1-2 times per year.

Any information about this would be very useful and much appreciated.

:)

@ Sparkles1982 im sure you will get those medicine in Kuwait or consult your doctor to prescribe on paper so you can approach any consultant in Kuwait for further.

I work in a medical company but I'm not in the medical field myself. What I know is that one of our pharmacies supplies specifically antidepressants and medicines of that genre with prescriptions from doctors in Kuwait. I don't know if they allow prescription from out of Kuwait. I'll ask and update. Good luck with the job offer.

Thank you so much for the information. Especially to hear from people on the ground and that it is supplied to pharmacies. Much appreciated!

@Sparkles1982 I asked the supervisor of the pharmacies section in our company (who used to work in the pharmacy specialized in this category of medicines) and he told me that you need a prescription from a doctor in Kuwait in order to be able to get the medicine in the pharmacy. So you cannot use your prescription from the UK to get the medicine here.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of someone stopped at the airport for bringing their medicines with them. So I think it's OK to get your own supplies until you have gotten your way around getting the medicine here. Good luck :)

A blog post I read which you might find useful:
From Desert Girl blog

I am on cipralex 10 mg(escitalopram) daily dose for last 4 years. Now I am coming to Kuwait to join a job for 1 year. I want to know if I can bring 3 months  supply with medical prescription, I have a Government Doctor prescription here in India.
And if I can bring on Indian doctor prescription, do I need a doctor's script as well.

Can we bring 3 months supply of medicines cipralex 10 mg on medical prescription paper

Dear sparkle did u brought your medicines to Kuwait... What was your experience. Please share your experience.... I am also in your situation... Can I bring 3 months supply of medicines... I am on cipralex 10 mg daily dose.
Please reply.