Cost of living in bahrain & culture of Bahrain.

Hi, My self Sapan Giri An Indian but staying at Dubai. I have got a job offer from Bahrain with 900 BHD+Acormodatuion for the post of chemist in a petroleum private industry. Is this salary is right to stay in baharain.? I am bechalore but soon will get married & will bring wife to Bahrain.

And one thing I would like to ask is there any restriction like saudi arabia or freedom like Dubai ,uae .

I am waiting for valuable replies.

with regards
sapan giri
+971 501840256

Hi there and welcome to the Bahrain Forum.

For extensive coverage of cost of living questions, please refer to these links:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337348
and here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

You will also find answers to the other question about living in Bahrain in the second link above.

"Restriction" or "Freedom" is a matter of personal opinion. What I may find as restricting may be freedom for you and vice versa. If you could be a bit specific with your question, perhaps we can respond appropriately. But as a general comment, Bahrain is a nice place to live and work.

We are more like Dubai than Saudi when it comes to restrictions

Please read other posts as it will soon get to the stage where we just stop responding to cost of living questions due to the amount of them. Not your fault but we need to get our members to read previous posts before duplicating a question over 50 times a week

Thank you very much for valuable comments. I want to know one more thing. Now I am working in uae with a employment visa and got a  job in Bahrain. So to get employment visa in Bahrain I have to cancel uae visa or without cancel I can get the Bahrain employment visa . because I not want to cancel the uae visa.

You might not want to cancel your UAE visa but your employer probably will cancel it when you resign. It's not up to you as much.

giri_sapan wrote:

Now I am working in uae with a employment visa and got a  job in Bahrain. So to get employment visa in Bahrain I have to cancel uae visa or without cancel I can get the Bahrain employment visa . because I not want to cancel the uae visa.

:blink:
How can you work in two countries at the same time?  :unsure

On a more serious note, you may be able to keep both employment visas if, for some reason, you have to work in both the countries on a regular basis - perhaps with some multinational companies. But that is only if you regularly have to travel between these countries. Otherwise, the general position is that you hold employment visa in one country and go to the other location using a visit or business visa.