Regarding Electricity and water bill

Hi

I found some posts in the other expat forums talking about the rising of Electricity bill to 800 % ,although the EWA confirms that all bills are correct in Bahrain,

What is usually the moderate amount for EWA's monthly bill?

Hi there,

Is anybody is facing problem for the EWA bill ? EWA department issuing the bill with estimated water meter reading not actual. I already raised the complaints.

If anyone facing same problem, please let me now how many days it is taking to solve the issue. Or if there is any other way to solve the problem.

Look this happens off and on. You can logon to the EWA app and submit reading if it is not disabled. A lot of meters have been changed to the new electronic ones which don't have this issue. In any case. raise your complaint but be aware that they won't pay you back - just adjust in the next bill.

@XTang , Thank you for your information, I raised the complain so many time but they are not doing anything. I don't know how to solve and how many days it will take time to solve the problem.

It's mostly a waste of time trying to get your complaint processed. If the problem is excess charges every month for water, try to change your residence to a building that has separate water meters for every flat.

@Suraj Biswas Did you try to visit the EWA office in person? if you did and if that didnt work too, then try to raise a complaint through Tawasul app or their website.

best of luck!

@Alienn, thank you for the information, actually my water meter is separate.

@Amd22, I visited their office and discussed with the representative but they said you complaint  already we received, we can not do anything more from the office, it will be adjusted in your next bill. And i raised the complaint in their website, wahts app, email and i am following up with the customer service. Thank you for your suggestion, i will try by the Tawasul app.

@Suraj Biswas Your welcome

My February bill came, and it's showing 346 BD only for water. My flat has only 3 taps. I am staying with my wife and two small children. Normally, my water bill is 7–10 BD monthly. I make a complaint, and EWA people come and check; they say there's no leakage, and the meter is also working properly. It means I should pay this bill. I can complain about any other source. This Building have 4 flat ground floor and first floor flat have same problem.

Register a complaint using the tawasul app, give it a try.

@logicalindian Al ready I maid complaint.

This is shocking! Consult a lawyer on what your options/rights are. There is definitely a major leak. Are all the flats getting the same amount? Better to quickly shift to some other apartment with a separate meter. Also complain on Tawassul online. Good luck.

For sure, there is a leak.  However, legally, any leak after the meter (i.e. billable) is your or the building's responsibility.  EWA is not obliged to trace or fix any leak AFTER the meter.  This should be done by building maintenance.   Another thing, in some low repute buildings..............they use water or electricity from different meters to do side businesses.....check on that as well.  In any case, you pay the bill and then fight with building management - as that will take a long time and you don't want to be without any services.