Bahrain's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Bahrain? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Bahrain's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Bahrain would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

er... another great example of a useless thread. Why not leave it to the expats themselves? Aren't there enough posts on here or something?

When a genuine query is posted, it's much more likely to be of use to other expats with experience of the location rather than some generic thread that doesn't address issues which are actually faced locally.

Anyway, in answer to the question, Manama is the most expensive city in Bahrain. It's much more expensive than Diraz.

:unsure

Smillian is quite right. One cannot speak of cities. Surely this is only relevant if you are looking for property to rent.

I would avoid seef I was paying 600 bd for a 1 bedroom apartment which is insane not even including wifi. I would say juffiar if reasonable I pay 350 bd including everything and wifi and also has a closed off kitchen

its better to go jufair

rather then any other city
if u r looking managable  not cheep fare and other facilities
althogh there are some areas in manama muharraq and many other cities have low cost of living. but  ghudibiya is much reason able compre to the cost of living in fare .
and jufair as well .
slightly a better standard in jufair.

i agree with u. seef and some other parts are much higher in rent but the other facilties almost the same.
now where r u lining .
and with .
u said that 600 bd.
in  seef.
its all around such appartmnts in bahrain .
but
depend on u  the other cost of living.
may i know. that how much member u have there in 600 bd flate.
ita much too expencive

In seef I was paying 600bd for a flat but in a very nice secure apartment. Plus was across from city center so maybe why was so expensive. I now live in juffiar I pay 350 bd for a bigger apartment and also includes wifi

hmmm. good

stay bless

well you have seef and Amwaj area to be the most expensive nowadays , also some property owners do attend to raise prices once they it is for expats , but you also have some good priced areas like saar, janabiya and hamalah ( jassrah too ) and they are safe and well familiarwith expats.

Hi Priscilla,
You have asked several questions. I will try to answer.
Bahrain is basically one city, Manama, The other towns are near by. There are many places which are affordable but Manama does have expensive area as to live such as Seff. Otherwise you can find affordable places to live where you rent either a whole luxury apartment for about 400BHD or renting a shared apartment with a bedroom for about 100BHD

What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?
The cost of living is going up because oil prices are low, but you can easily live on 20BHD a week for groceries. Eating out can be expensive costing over 20BHD a meal to less than 2BHD. It all depends on what you want. Alcohol, dancing and night-life can raise cost extensively

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?  Lots to do! Music and dancing and lots of expats from everywhere. South Asian and Filipino foods and life-style is most common.

What are the different neighborhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?
yes, but it really depends on what you want and are willing to live with.

Do you have any experience living in any of Bahrain's most expensive cities? What was it like?
Manama has very simple to extravagant places to live and all that each has to offer. Employers are legally responsible to either give expats an accommodation for a housing allowance.

Which cities in Bahrain would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?
It really depends on what you want. there are isolated places far from the city and places in the city which are affordable. Best to be near Manama though, since there are times when you might want some entertainment. Since the employer gives you accommodation and transport to and from work you may be limited in your choice of where to live anyway.

We are living in Seef and like very much as the best location between Saudi & Manama and near local attractions & sea side.

Regards

@simeon888 Please can you WhatsApp me: *** because I'm coming to Bahrain this weekend with 6 months visa, I'm looking for 1 bedroom and parlour share apartment with persons.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Ekwe24,

Welcome on board !

Apart from being old, this thread is not suitable to search for accommodation.

Please refer to the dedicated section by posting an advert : Housing in Bahrain

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna