Is 4000$ a good salary in bahrain for software developer with family?

is 4000$ a good salary in bahrain for software developer(banking) with family? will i be able to manage with 4000$? can i able to save?

Hi thasha,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your topic is now on the Bahrain forum for more visibility.
Please feel free to have a look to the topics available on the Cost of living in Bahrain section, maybe it can give you an idea about the cost of living there.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla.

Just to know is 4000$ a good salary in bahrain?

:)

$4,000 is around Bahraini Dinars1,500/=

Generally we are not able to advise if the salary is "good" for a particular position because this depends on so many factors.

If your lifestyle is not extravagant and high-flying, you should be able to live comfortably and save something with that salary.

It all depends on your lifestyle, your total package from work (ie basic salary and allowances and where you live). As Farhaz said, we can't say whether it's a good salary or not.

Send us the package then we can be able to make the determination wether yes or not sufficient !

they just said 1500BHD fixed pay.

Dear Thasha,

As Farhaz and brightonguy rightly pointed out, we cannot judge that whether a salary is good or bad it depends on various factors.

T&R
Arjun

If they provide you with housing Alsace than 1500 BHD should be adequate to start up in here.

Where are you from ?
Is that the full package or they will give you home , car , school ?

Fixed pay means no additional benefits given. You will have to provide your own accommodation, transport, medical insurance etc. Please negotiate and get a better salary or reject their offer.

i m from Chennai. Thats the full package. Yet to decide whether to accept or reject :(

As I said earlier, if your lifestyle is not extravagant and high-flying, you should be able to live comfortably and save something with that salary.

Best wishes! :top:

You will be fine on that salary. I work with a lot of people from Chennai and they are on less and are very happy here. There lifestyle isn't extravagant, their kids have a fantastic education, the parents have good jobs and they are happy. Having been to Chennai I think you may find life here a lot happier and stress free. Still negotiate though!!

$4,000 is a good salary. It's more than 1,500 BHD. You'll be good here and live comfortably. Don't worry.

Hi all,
I'm moving to Manama next week tout work there. My salary is about 350 BD.
I just want to know for an average living there will it be enough?
I'll need a one furnished room. Would you please give me name of good places in Manama.
Thank you in advance :)

If 350 BD is all you're getting and if there aren't any other allowances involved such as accommodation, you might end up having to share a flat with someone else to be able to save some. 350 BD is enough to live on but when you include the rent, it becomes a bit tight to get by. Please check the cost of living and the definitive guide links on this topic. It's covered here many times.