Is 1000 BD salary good enough?

I have job opportunity in Bahrain. I am in IT security professional with 10 years of experience. The salary what they are offering me is 1000 BHD /per month (all inclusive). I need to take care oIf my own accommodation and travel Is it good salary considering the cost of living in Bahrain? I am currently single and from India.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Hi, for ur question, 1000 dinars is not enough per month, s
Ecialy if is all included ! And coz ur IT they and with 10 years experience, you should look for more higher salary,
You can have other advise from IT expat here and you will see the difference for ur offer,
I'm not IT ,

I hope it will help

If they say the package is all inclusive then that should cover your accomodation and meals too. I feel that you should be looking for double that 2000BD

Well, I disagree. 1,000 BD could be enough depending on your lifestyle. You can get a decent fully furnished flat all inclusive for 450 BD. Renting a car is another 200BD or so. 350 BD is enough for food and living. But as you can see, not much left to save or even by your plane ticket back home every now and then.

If you have 10 years experience, indeed you should ask for more.

It was the 10 years experience and the savings issue that made me think he definately needed more. I know IT guys who are indians who are on 1500BD with only 3 years experience.

Other option, take job, survive for a while and shop around for another job. You may be contracted for 2 years though.

Anyway depending on your lifestyle and requirements you will be ok.

thanks for your quick replies. appreciate it.

Shrin,

Ask them for BD 1500,, and ask them to provide u accomodation,, and medical ... hope that would give u a chance to look for something better at a later stage.. activate your google once u are in bahrain.. and look around ...

I never knew you had to activate google :rolleyes:

Shrin, don't push it too far as you may lose the job, try pushing a little bit and if they give in then great but don't push yourself out of the opportunity of having a good job here.

Thank you. I will try to negotiate with them and check what what happens :)

Josnuggles wrote:

I never knew you had to activate google :rolleyes:

Shrin, don't push it too far as you may lose the job, try pushing a little bit and if they give in then great but don't push yourself out of the opportunity of having a good job here.

Josnuggles,,, just making it easy to tell him to start a search for a new job and (to google it out) no one needs to activate google :) hope my point is clear :)

Have a better morning and to all who on this blog,, may the sunshine brings peace, care and love in your lives.. and keep Bahrain safe always.

shrin wrote:

Thank you. I will try to negotiate with them and check what what happens :)

Good luck Shrin, Really hope it works out for you

Jo

Hi Shrin,
Wish u a good luck and keep trying for a good opportunity :)

Hi Shrin,
With 10 years experience I definitely think you should expect more. My husband said the Indian IT staff at his work get 3000bd - no accomm/car etc.
Good luck and hope you get a good job.

Thank you for your responses. In the end, i decided to drop this offer as i also felt it was less for my experience.

Well done Shrin, good choice.

Thank you for guiding me :)

Ask at least for BD 1500.. Good Luck.

slayer3532 wrote:

Ask at least for BD 1500.. Good Luck.

He has already taken another job lol..You need to read what has been written before :D

It is nice to get advice from a local person, makes this forum even more valuable to us expats. Big thanks

Is 1200 BD salary good enough to survive in Bahrain (Manama)? Ihave 8+ yrs of experience in Advertising in Art.

thinkpunnu wrote:

Is 1200 BD salary good enough to survive in Bahrain (Manama)? Ihave 8+ yrs of experience in Advertising in Art.

Depends on what extras you get. Accommodation.  Medical.  Transport etc

We have a cost of living question twice a day so please read previous posts. If people can survive on BD250 then it's obvious you can survive  on BD1200