Why has expat blog taken down a post that is designed to help people?

Dear Expat.com,

I don't make any money from my website and the whole point is to spread awareness and help people who are mentally ill. How can I do that if you take down my posts? You could have at least sent me an e-mail to notify me. I guess I'm wasting my time and you'll take this down too. Don't refer me to the blog section as you have a stupid policy where you have to have written 10 posts. What ever happened to helping the underdog?

Hello Jessica, :)

1). Every forum has generally accepted rules for full operation.
This one requests you participate in existing threads or you open new threads of your own.
The rules are not against you. On the contrary, they are in place to protect you.

2) I appreciate your work for the mentally ill especially that 95% of people suffer from one or another form of debilitating mental inability.

Please remove your mental block and start posting here.
I am hungry for humor and also, intelligent comments.

Please make yourself at home at Expat-Blog.com and invite other friends expats here.
Good luck.   :top:

And one more thing.
This web site is not a dating place, nor a dump for unsolicited sales / help advertisements from posters.

I do not know the very reason why your post has been deleted, and I am not in the management team, but I know that there must be something in contradiction with the Terms & Conditions.
https://www.expat.com/en/terms.html

When I came here some 4 years ago, I did not read them, just like many other forummers who come here very excited to immediately contact somebody who, by his posts, seems to be someone to open a dialogue with.

Participate in the Morocco forums and the general ones to read other expats ideas and to share your ideas with us.
Please do not be shy!  :)

Did I not start a new thread? Why exactly do I have a mental block when I am simply stating facts? The fact is that you only bothered to reply to my post when I complained! It is true that Expat.com doesn't make it easy for new bloggers whatever their subject. Your condesending reply," Please remove your mental block" only goes to prove my point that as soon as you mention the word mental health in a post some people, meaning you, automatically assume that the writer is completely unreasonable. I never said anything personal about you. I am simply annoyed that you don't address the problems on your website and if you don't know why my post has been taken down then why bother writing me a long list of excuses and putting me off your site even more!

Hi Jessica,

thanks for your message.

Don't refer me to the blog section as you have a stupid policy where you have to have written 10 posts.

After deciding of gathering them on a single platform, I've been reviewing Expat.coms for almost 9 years now, so please, do not think we're doing stupid things.

We don't accept "young" blogs, because 2/3 of them are just abandoned before the author writes 10 posts.

This said, I guess you haven't submitted your blog for review ?

...I see that you haven't reach 10 posts, so we won't accept your blog for now. But you can be sure we'll review and accept your blog after your 10th post.

Anyway, I agree that the moderator should have contacted you. I've got a explanation for that ... we are facing a

Just to let you know, we are currently facing a warning cyclone class 3 here in Mauritius. We had to close our offices and everybody went back home. I guess the moderator didn't take the time to send you a message. Sorry about that, it's not a "normal" day for us today

I am grateful to John C for a reminder of the Terms and Conditions of this site. Although a very long term foreign resident of Marrakech I only came across and subscribed recently. I only briefly scanned these conditions (we are all lazy after all, n'est-ce pas?) being familiar with those of TripAdvisor, Thorn Tree (Lonely Planet) and Virtual Tourist.

Jessica, you have a very valid blog but perhaps on the wrong forum. Mental health issues are of course of vital importance but an expat site has virtually no relevance - agoraphobia affects many people worldwide (my great aunt included) so I have some, admittedly limited, experience.

Julien, than you for your input and hope that your cyclone passes you by! Not great in the UK either with flood alerts, tidal surges and gale force winds either. C'est la vie! And the weather!

jessicasian wrote:

Did I not start a new thread? Why exactly do I have a mental block when I am simply stating facts? The fact is that you only bothered to reply to my post when I complained! It is true that Expat.com doesn't make it easy for new bloggers whatever their subject. Your condesending reply," Please remove your mental block" only goes to prove my point that as soon as you mention the word mental health in a post some people, meaning you, automatically assume that the writer is completely unreasonable. I never said anything personal about you. I am simply annoyed that you don't address the problems on your website and if you don't know why my post has been taken down then why bother writing me a long list of excuses and putting me off your site even more!

From my end, it looks like your work with mentally disturbed persons affected you.  :o

I appreciate all the comments and have taken them on board. I will however say that mental health problems are relevant to the expat community and that particular post was relevant hence the link!

As for John C the fact that you are using mental health problems as an insult proves my point exactly. I am not ashamed of admitting that I have had problems and no one else should either. Maybe some training in people skills might be beneficial for you rather than passing the blame on to me! Just to be clear do not send me another insulting post or I will report you to Expat.com!

jessicasian wrote:

I appreciate all the comments and have taken them on board. I will however say that mental health problems are relevant to the expat community and that particular post was relevant hence the link!

As for John C the fact that you are using mental health problems as an insult proves my point exactly. I am not ashamed of admitting that I have had problems and no one else should either. Maybe some training in people skills might be beneficial for you rather than passing the blame on to me! Just to be clear do not send me another insulting post or I will report you to Expat.com!

-----------------------

OK, OK, please go to bed and have a good night's sleep.
Tomorrow is another day.

PS: Julien said about 10 posts, but please keep in mind that's the minimum.  Make it 12-15 posts.  I assure you that you will feel better after you will understand that the forum rules protect you.

RWT wrote:

I am grateful to John C for a reminder of the Terms and Conditions of this site. Although a very long term foreign resident of Marrakech I only came across and subscribed recently. I only briefly scanned these conditions (we are all lazy after all, n'est-ce pas?) being familiar with those of TripAdvisor, Thorn Tree (Lonely Planet) and Virtual Tourist.

Jessica, you have a very valid blog but perhaps on the wrong forum. Mental health issues are of course of vital importance but an expat site has virtually no relevance - agoraphobia affects many people worldwide (my great aunt included) so I have some, admittedly limited, experience.

Julien, than you for your input and hope that your cyclone passes you by! Not great in the UK either with flood alerts, tidal surges and gale force winds either. C'est la vie! And the weather!

Hello RWT,  :)
Thank you for your kind words.
As for weather, here in the eastern Caribbean where I live is a fantastic sunny day .... like a bright mind ... and a shining personality ....  :D

Julien I think you need to give some of your staff extra training as they have no idea how to talk to people. I think we can end this topic now as we seem to be going round in circles.

errr John is not part of our staff and he should have not replied to this thread as you expected an official reply from us. (John, it is not the first time I mention you this)

this said, I completely agree with you about closing this thread.

-closed-

Closed