Using an agent to help with emigration. worth it?

Hi guys,

We are in the information gathering phase of emigrating to Mauritius from South Africa.  I have found a company, DNR consulting which offers help in the application process.  They have been very friendly and efficient in email contact however their prices are exorbitant to say the least and it looks like it would cost me in the region of 3500 Euro!

I intend to come in on the self employed program and am hoping someone reading this has done the same thing and will be able to tell me how difficult the application process is and whether using an agent is necessary.

I really don't want pay a fortune for something unnecessary but on the other hand I would never forgive myself if I make a mistake in the application/business plan which means I get rejected because I wanted to save some money.

Any advice appreciated...

Hi Rapala74,

Why not try this website: www.investmauritius.com 
Gather all the informations u need write or call them on the phone.
Prefarably call them on the phone they,ll give u directives.
I dont think using an agent is necessary.
Dont spend such amount on what u can easily do urself
I wish u luck

Rapala74 wrote:

We are in the information gathering phase of emigrating to Mauritius from South Africa.... I intend to come in on the self employed program and am hoping someone reading this has done the same thing and will be able to tell me how difficult the application process is and whether using an agent is necessary....

Hello Rapala and welcome to Expat.com!

Did you read the latest discussions on the new procedures to apply for permits in Mauritius?

You'll find very useful information there on the subject as well as the contacts of the Board of Investment (where you should apply).

All the best to you
Arlette

thanks very much for the advice progress and Feeacer. :)

please send me a private email and I can make some suggestions. That is crazy price of 3500 euros.

Thanks,

Paul

i would like to know if the boi really do something within time limit or they work only trough agents
this is vey common in mauritius
however 3500euro is too exorbitant..never pay
in case the boi really works,150-200euro may be affordable for advice and to speed up the process

Well Rapala

You've quite prompt and honest reactions from the forum.

I understand that DNR Consulting is a connection between South Africa and Mauritius for potential and interested migrants.

It would be most inelegant to comment on their price, though it appears to be very much on the high side.

Still, it could be that this also includes delocalisation costs, custom charges and other charges related to moving personal stuffs from South Africa, and other charges in Mauritius too! 

As such, it would be wise that you ask them for details of the service they are providing.

Surely, the need for an agent is not mandatory, though, at times, such services spare you from many lengthy and “maddening” administrative procedures.

The first step prior to venture into this “adventure” in Mauritius would be to know whether the field within which you intend to be self-employed is attractive here or not.

As a Human Resource Consultant, I could surely give you a rather honest indication of the occupation/job panorama here.

Cheers

Vayid – vayidm2000ayahoo.com