Online Gaming 2016 - Can we play LOL in Mauritius?

Hi all !

I am moving to Mauritius in june, Tdcostas, you may have moved in Mauritius now, so you may help me.
I am an historical player of LOL, can someone tell me if it's playable in Mauritius ? We will probably settle in Flic en Flac.

Thanks for your answers!

Hello Yiauthli !

I had indeed the opportunity to test several online games while here in Mauritius.
As for DOTA2, playing in SE ASIA servers, ping was about 80~90 ms
For CS about 100~140 ms
For Overwtach (beta Test), Diablo2 ping was about 140ms

It's quite playable...

All that with a 4MBps connection. I don't think you will notice a big difference with a better fiber one.

As for LOL, a friend tried to play with E.U server... but no luck.. unplayable. I can't tell for Asia server( in case you have access).

Enjoy the the sun and the sea  :cool:

Well, I already have an account on EU West an North America, I guess I can create one on the Asian Server... Thanks for your fast answer!

Hello Yiauthli :cheers:

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post and response received on the Mauritius Forum,  so as to bring an updated answer to the Mauritius online gaming questions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi there Tdcostas and Yiauthli.

I am moving to Mauritius and am quite curious to the results you have come across with regards to gaming. I am primarily a fan of dota and csgo and am curious about what route and isp you guys chose and the results.
Tdcostas I know you posted your results already however was curious what isp you went through.

Thanks in advance!