I want to know cost of living

Hi i got offer 500 BHD can you describe cost of live in behrain and any thing i can save?

Hi Ashvinkumar,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

On this page below you will find other threads on the same topic. I invite you to have a look at them, you will find some information. ;)

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Christine is correct. Please look through the previous topics to find your answers. They even have cost of living in the title which should help you find the answers easily.

Also go to our main forum page and read the guide to Bahrain, that has a cost of living guide too.

Good luck

if you can specify whether you will live alone or with family - it will help and after reading all the posts as mentioned above, please ask if you have a specific query.

Depends of the experience years and your field of work

your inbox is full :P

lol that is not my inbox :p

Shahd-Babili wrote:

lol that is not my inbox :p

When someone on the forum tries to send you a private message, they will get a reply saying inbox is full (if it is) go to the top right hand side of the page and click near your name - it will take you to your inbox

Hi all,

i'm a new member in this forum, i'm offerd a job in telecom sector in bahrain for 5000 usd/month all inclusive, can anyone tell me is it acceptable ? how much can i save in minimum.

plz i need answer ASAP to take my decosion

thanks in advance/Br

Hey Smad79,

I think you need to give more information so people can help you.  :)

When you say "all inclusive", do you mean they provide with you an apartment, pay your apartment bills, or provide you with a car? 

As to how much you save, it really depends on your lifestyle. Do you like to go out to restaurants often? Do you want to join a gym or a club? Do you have a family to provide for? 

In my opinion, if they are paying for your living accommodations on top of 5000US a month (and you are alone), you can easily live on that, go out an enjoy yourself, and save as well! I make about half of that (accommodation provided for me), enjoy going out to restaurants, travelling, etc and I'm able to save nearly 1000US a month.

Hope this helps!
:)

Hi,

thanks so much IndieDarling for your reply,

all inclusive: housing and transport, air-ticket, vacation, mobile & laptop allowance etc/ what do you think ?

Regards

If I was offered that package (5000 US/month), I would definitely take it; but I'm in the education, so I can't say if it is a decent offer for Telecom or not.

Depending on how dedicated you are to saving (and how much you like to spend!;)), you should be able to save at least 1000US a month. Although I think it would be possible to save between 2000-2500US a month if you budget and don't have many travel plans.

Now, keep in mind, all of this information is for a single person, not someone who is supporting a family.

Good luck!
:)

smad79 wrote:

Hi all,

i'm a new member in this forum, i'm offerd a job in telecom sector in bahrain for 5000 usd/month all inclusive, can anyone tell me is it acceptable ? how much can i save in minimum.

plz i need answer ASAP to take my decosion

thanks in advance/Br

Hello smad.

Welcome to the Bahrain Forum.

Cost of living is a topic that has been extensively covered.

As a first step, please read through this guide that has been prepared (link: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960)

There are also numerous other threads covering this topic on the first few pages of the Forum.

The simple answer to your question is that your pay is more than adequate to have a good life and save something as well. But most of us on the Forum will not know if the salary offered is industry standard for your job and experience. This is something telecom professionals should be able to assist with, if there are any on the Forum.

Best wishes with your negotiations with your potential employer and look forward to welcoming you to Bahrain soon.

Hi,
thank you all for your help. in fact, i have 3,5 years exp & this is my first opportunity as international consultant.     
-with good lifestyle; can i save half of the package?
Regards

USD5,000 is approx. BHD1,850.

You could potentially save half your earnings, if you spend as follows:
400 to 500 - Rent
150 to 200 - Food, living
50 - internet, telecommunication
250 - monthly average cost for car

Hi FARHAZ,

Thanks a lot for your help,
for rent of 500 BHD -  is it possible do provide more details:
1-if  appartement (num of rooms),
2-fully equipped or not,
3-place (manama or other city? distance from downtown),
4- what is the rent of an appartment 2 bed  3-5 Km far from downtown
5- no car is provided, i have not internation driving kicence, so in this case what about transport (shared/taxi)
    availabily, cost,  ,,,
sorry for all these questions, i nedd to have max details befor relocating,     

thanks in advance

There are apartments from as low as BD100 for shared accommodation to super luxury. Take a look at www.bahrainpropertyworld.com for more information.

The BD500 is for 2 bedroom furnished apartments in middle level area. Higher rents for areas such as Juffair and Seef and lower than this for others.

Furnished apartments have all your basic needs covered, but may not suit all your tastes. You could think of getting an unfurnished apartment and then buying your own furnishing.

Where you live will not matter. This is a small place and you can get from anywhere to anywhere is about half an hour if not less.

You should plan on getting your driving license once you are here. Its is much cheaper to have your own car than rely on taxis. Until you get your own car, you can use taxis. There are official and unofficial taxis. Official taxis are a rip-off.

let us know if you have more questions. Better to start your own topic if you have questions in areas other than costs of living.

in 500 BD you can get Fully furnished 2 BHK to 3BHK apartment depending upon the area and the quality of the apartment. You can reduce BD 100 to 150 if you want unfurnished. As is everywhere, if you go for luxury apartments even 1 BHK may cost BD 500 pm. So it has to be your choice of area and quality.

Shared taxi can be BD 30 to 40 per month.

Hi,

thanks Farhaz & vivek22 & all members for your great support, now i can see the "wish light in the end of tunnel" (i'm joking)