Life in Belgium

I living in Belgium for the past 16yrs,in the begining wasn't easy at all. In Belgium you must know they speak 4 languages, Netherlands,French,German & now English(which is not official).
Anyway I'm living on the west side of the country so more closer to the seaside. It's a lovely area more fresh air.

Inorder to intergrate it's best to learn the language of the area your living in,then its easier to get to know people and the Flemish culture.

I'll do this later

Hi Auyuseda212,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to participate on the Belgium forum, this might surely help other members. ;)

Thank you,

David.

Youll do what later? How is your flemmish im sure if uve been here 16 years uve picked up some language or been taking lessions? Of course you live i Brugge so french shouldnt matter to much dose it? I have visted there a few times and only had to use my dutch and english

Thank you David, I will definately do so.

It's a lovely day in Flanders today, the sun is shining,and its smelling fresh after the rain last night.Give thanks for life!!!

Oh that was adding a foto to my profile. Oh yes I do speak Flemish/Nederlands, but funny enough we Jamaicans call it "JamDutch".

I'm actually living in Roeselare which is next door to Brugge. It's a lovely city to go shopping & having a coffee. It's less touristic than Brugge so I like it.

Where are you?

Yeah I know a girl who also speaks africkans (I think i spelt it right) Which is sorta dutch but not. I am in Nazareth outside of Gent. I have ups and downs but manage okay and i do use the expat community  alot

Ok cool, I just bumped into this site because I was looking to find Jamaicans that are living in Europe for my facebook page. As you know we are from a small Island but we're everywhere lol!.So now I'm here it's rather cool :)

cool you can probs give a lot of advice to being here for so long

Yes if you'll like no problem.Just ask whenever you want. By the way are you stuyding here or working? and if so how long? You probably will say how curious oh yes.