Process to change Dependent status to Independent

Currently working on dependent visa and my new employer is ready to initiate single permit so I just want to know the overall procedure of changing status to independent during this pandemic situation.

Hi Rupam,

Unfortunately as per new rule you can apply for SP from your country of origin. In-country status change is no more possible for dependants. You may validate this with the employer.

This means you will have to forfeit your RP and go back to your country from where you will have to apply for new SP.

Regards,
Vijesh

thank you for information !!

Also, additional information. Generally, changing status means your Belgium-stay-time-clock starts again. Incase in the future you are looking to apply for permenant residency / nationality, your time will restart from when your status becomes independent.

Cheers,
N

Hi rupam , I checked with ibz , they said it's possible to apply , no. Need to go to India. The message was not published officially by the government  us not possible ( it was published only by the consultancies ) .. IBZ said we are staying here in Belgium  so it's possible to break and to initiate the individual permit.. you just inform your employer to check social economic region . Your employer know well about this and it will be helpful.

747dash8 wrote:

Also, additional information. Generally, changing status means your Belgium-stay-time-clock starts again. Incase in the future you are looking to apply for permenant residency / nationality, your time will restart from when your status becomes independent.

Cheers,
N

Normally, it does not matter from which status you change to which. You can combine all your residence cards as long as there is no break between them. I faced a similar issue recently and had to go to the commune 4x because they were convincing me I cannot combine A and F card. I consulted agii and private lawyer I payed and it turned out in the commune they were wrong. The most important thing is not have have a break in between.

@ZazaBE
Does this 'break' mean when you change your status ? ( like dependent to independent or vice versa )

OR

this 'break' only means in terms of gap (number of days) ?

Ranradhi wrote:

Hi rupam , I checked with ibz , they said it's possible to apply , no. Need to go to India. The message was not published officially by the government  us not possible ( it was published only by the consultancies ) .. IBZ said we are staying here in Belgium  so it's possible to break and to initiate the individual permit.. you just inform your employer to check social economic region . Your employer know well about this and it will be helpful.

@radhaRani - PM you regarding this ! pls check

Hi Rupam,

Were you able to get the independent work permit authorization?

Please update as we have also asked for my wife

Thanks
Alok

Hi Alok, IBZ said it's possible. But when we submitting the application to werk social employ , they are rejecting the application.. and they mentioning that it need to initiate in home country as not in belgium .. there were no good coordination in between the government agencies..

So please incase you need some advice please check with some consultancies who processing the work permit.

Ok. Thanks 👍

Hello, Is there in concrete information available on this?

My wife is moving to back dependent status and later she will move back to independent status as her new employer taking more time in processing her work permit.

Any information on this topic will be great help 🙏🏾