The Netherlands vs South Africa

Hi!

I am a South African interested in moving to the Netherlands. I would love to know how living in the Netherlands is similar to SA and how it is different. Please can you also give me an idea of where the best weather is in the Netherlands.

Thanks

I think its more different than similar. You will probably hear quite often that dutch people are unfriendly.  And its true. They even admit it themselves. Yeah, you probably think it doesnt matter but trust me, it will. The whole of Holland has about the same temperature. There are slight differences, but the country is so small that if its bad here, its bad everywhere and vice versa. The most obvious change though is the quality of life. I dotn know what kind of lifestyle you are accustomed to, but if youre someone who used to get your hair done every wek, your house cleaned by someone else, your car washed by someone else, your garden trimmed by soemone else, youre in for a big shock. Also earning potential is a bit slower than in sa. Its not really possible to get a substantial raise in one go - have a look online somewhere for the salary scales they have here - and trust me, companys stick to it. People are also becoming increasingly hostile to foreigners and its quite tangible.