Recycling

Hello everybody. Just need your help with recycling issue here in Malta. There is so little information on the waste management website about it, and I`m getting really confused about what can be put in  green bags and large plastic bins. Any assistance will help), thank you.

The contents list is written on the side of the bags I use.
We do not have/use bins.

Another 10 sec google search produced this:
wasteservmalta.com/wastemanagement.aspx?id=106

The materials include paper, cardboard, different types of plastics, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals.

Glass should go through the Bring In or Civic Amenity sites.

Personally, I do not put waxed tetrapaks into recycling as they are not recycled in the UK so in the absence of specific information, I conclude that they are not recyclable here.

Julieart wrote:

Hello everybody. Just need your help with recycling issue here in Malta. There is so little information on the waste management website about it, and I`m getting really confused about what can be put in  green bags and large plastic bins. Any assistance will help), thank you.

Its white bags for recycle (plastic / paper / cans / etc) but not glass, this needs to go in the green recycle bins found in your area.
Black sacs for everything else, white and black bags can be obtained from your local council office or most supermarkets.

The recycle area bins also usually have bins for metal / paper / plastic and glass.
Local council will collect for free any large items that you do not want, just contact them.

I was told tetrapaks are not recycled because, although they are really easy to recycle, this requires a lot of water, which is something they don't have too much of in Malta.

nilonilonilo wrote:

I was told tetrapaks are not recycled because, although they are really easy to recycle, this requires a lot of water, which is something they don't have too much of in Malta.

Good thought, as they are 'waxed' that would have to be separated and removed.

Thanks very much for the good tips:)