Hi Everyone

Thanks to you all. I have gotten what I wanted.

Hi Alfredo. Welcome to the forum. I just replied to your pm as well, but am posting here as well for everyone's benefit.

Perhaps if you could specify what type of help/advise you require, forum members may be able to get you more appropriate responses. Also if you could let us know the reason for your proposed relocation.

Best wishes with your plans.

Hi Alfredrobinson. I suggested in reply to post on the forum but you need to be a lot clearer about what questions you want answering.

Thanks

You have to have either a job or a place at university before coming to Bahrain. 

You could apply for a visit visa but that will only last 2 weeks if successful.  I suggest applying first and see what happens.  There are lots of previous posts regarding this.

OK

Casual jobs are very rare. You have to be sponsored by your employer in order to get a full visa here which is a long, complicated process. If you look at the left of this page you will see links to the guide and to jobs. I suggest you look through those and read the guide on the main Bahrain forum page so that you understand the process beter.

I too strongly recommend getting a job first and then coming over on a proper employment visa.

The one week visa will not get you too far, since you cannot do much in that one week. Job hunting, applying, intervew, section, etc ... all these take a loooooooootttttttttt of time here in Bahrain.

I too do not recommend coming here to look for casual jobs. As said earlier, they are rare, and even if available do not pay well since there are hundreds of people willing to do those jobs for next to nothing here. I am talking about a few dinars for a full day's work sometimes. Sad, but true!

I know Bahraini football clubs have foreign players, but these players are probably professional footballers. If you wish to play, probably you may have to join a club as a member and then compete for a place in the squad. Once again this maybe a long process until you achieve your objective. But if you do persevere you may be successful.

If you wish to join a University here, you will not be able to work (legally). Nor sure if Bahrain is the best place for good and affordable tertiary education. Its quite costly to live and study here.

Trust your questions are answered. Anything else please feel free to ask. Best wishes.