Getting credit card?

Hey, hoping someone here has experience with this.

So, I'm getting really sick of my American credit card companies/banks calling FRAUD! every time I try purchasing anything online from non-American companies.

I've maintained my old bank acct there for ease of purchasing things online from some companies and having things sent to my mother where they'd have otherwise charged outrageous shipping, and birthday/holiday gifts to family, etc. But I am seriously so incredibly sick & frustrated of OMG international purchase MUST BE FRAUD!! reaction every. single. time. that I just want to close up shop and only have a card here instead.

However, the bank we use won't issue one unless you have a huge fortune in it/huge monthly income. So, how does one acquire a Mastercard, then?? Is it possible? Please say yes!

I always get offered a visa credit card when i open a bank acount. Its not a huge limit and basically its paid automatically out of ur back account end of the month. Its basically just so i can shop online. Both Fintro and Belfius offered me one and I dont even have a job maybe ask about it?. Tne post also do a prepaid one

Yeah I know its not a mastercard but they should atleast allow you to shop online with your belgium accounts.

Mastercard seems to be accepted more places, hence asking about that one specifically. Also, like I said, my bank will not give unless you have huge income/savings. We are not rich, so that is not possible. Are you sure what they offered you was a proper credit card? Not one where you need a PIN to use it?

Yeah you have a pin to. We sometimes use it in store. The post office prepaid one I have no idea about just something ive seen. Yeah sadly ive never had a mastercard I know know the belifus visa credit is what i got to shop online so might be a back up option if you cant get a mastercard.

So far ive not had a issue with the visa credit its got a 1000 euro limit and never had it not accepted on places. But dont use a huge amount of american sites just teavanna and the rest are UK based

you can try citibank now beobank. Its easy to get if you can get a letter from the company that you are permanent employee or are here for good long assignment. Its easier to apply going to the bank branch near your place rather than online or on telephone. They give considerable credit limit - can start with 1000 EUR and can be doubled easily in 6 months time. Hope this helps.

Go to the post office and buy a prepaid Mastercard card :)

or try this website it can help you : Guide Epargne

Post office mastercards are very good,they are actually like prepaid debit cards,have used it,only drawback,you cannot exceed the amount you have on the card but it is safe & can do all transactions you would do with a credit card except go  the amount on it.Great for online shopping too.Enjoy.

All the banks here offer cards without having huge amounts in your account, I don't know your situation but I think you need to ask some more questions.
I'm with ING for my general banking and have an overdraft known as a cash reserve and a Mastercard (had a Visa Classic but I needed flexible repayments so changed from the Visa which insisted on the full balance being cleared off every month)
I am by no means rich and my account is never in the black for a long time but they had no problem giving them to me.
I've also recently opened a Belfius account to manage my bills better and they gave me a Mastercard perpayed with the account.
I would strongly suggest you switch banks or at least demand some answers from your current bank as to why they won't provide the services you want
I've also got a Belfius account

My husband and I have credit card through BNP Fortis. Our limit is higher but we do not plan on using it but for online shopping and buying stuff in America and sending to my mom. I think you need to switch banks.

You can get a prepaid mastercard at the post office it cost only 12 Euro a year.
Very easy to use for online shopping.