Double taxation India and belgiun

I am an Indian citizen who lived to Belgium a few months ago. Should I pay tax in India on the interest earned on security deposit?

gc1092 wrote:

I am an Indian citizen who lived to Belgium a few months ago. Should I pay tax in India on the interest earned on security deposit?

What ever you earn in belgium you only pay taxes in belgium. You can transfer any amount to India tax free. In india to NRE Account and if you have house ( rent earnings) or business or anything in India As you mentioned security from you earn money so on that money or interest you have to pay taxes those transactions can only be done via NRO Account (same like an india. Account just for NRI). Hope this helps you.

Sorry I meant the security deposit is in Belgium for the apartment I am renting.

gc1092 wrote:

Sorry I meant the security deposit is in Belgium for the apartment I am renting.

No for belgium all the taxes will be paid to Belgium. 😊

As far as I never paid any taxes in india.

Here is my understanding :
If you qualify as an Indian resident, you need to file return in India and pay taxes on your global income. You can claim credit of taxes already paid in Belgium under the doubly tax treaty.
I am assuming you have worked for a few months in Belgium so you will qualify as Indian resident. You can check your status at https://cleartax.in/paytax/residential- … calculator

Regards, Sanjay