Good areas

Is any area/town better then other?
Thanks.

I am currently in Malta looking for an apartment and everyone has their opinion! Some real estate agents can't understand that any foreigner might live outside of Sliema, St. Julien's, or Gzira, some thing that those areas are a rip-off and too touristy...so it depends on what you are looking for.

Personally, I think we've decided that we'd like to live in Mosta or Birkikara, to the horror of my co-workers (they think Birkikara is a dive) but it's central and we like that because we can get anywhere. Traffic is a NIGHTMARE to get to work, I didn't believe it until I got here (how could an island this small have such ridiculous traffic) so for us we want to be close to my work (Mosta)

What are you looking for? might be able to help more if you are more descriptive about what you want to have near/what you are trying to avoid.

I second Sarafima's comments - it really depends what you want...nightlife, then you probably want to be near Paceville, plenty of things within walking distance then Sliema, peace and quiet then out in the country etc etc.

BTW Sarafima, we are in Naxxar, very close to Mosta and not far from Birkikara, so if you want to meet up anytime just send me a PM. I just met up with Ricky (who posts frequently on this forum) in Sliema for a coffee - very nice to meet him and Ilene.
Also, Sarafima, if you are concerned about traffic, you might get frustrated in Birkikara on Saturday mornings when it is crazy there....from bitter experience this past Saturday!

Tim

Hi
What I'm looking for??? hmmyy...

I'm looking for town which is more green then other areas,where crime is low,where I can live without knowing to much maltese,where I can have more ''every day live'' rather than work/stress...

Do I want to much?  ;-)

Hi there.

I'm Gabriele from Malta. I've got lots of information and some good sources!

I sell properties. Got some hot properties at the moment so don't miss out if you're interested! I also do personal guiding for malta and also to the isle of Gozo, Malta!

Malta very low crime you can go anywere any time no problem!
One of the properties in Naxxar is very quite and few minutes away with beautiful breah taking air! In malta 80% of people know how to talk in English, Some even spanish Italian and french! no problems! though stress.. if you are coming for money it might be a stress if you are coming for a non stress life yesss.. come over and you'de appreciate Malta. Tourist who come for less then 2 weeks wouldn't have visited 30 % of Malta's history and culture!!
Mark my words mate!