Yarn shops in Malta

Hi,

I should be moving to Malta in Sept/Oct 2020 and would like to know if there are any decent yarn shops there.  I have been crocheting for about 2 years on and off around work commitments and when I'm in the mood but hoping to be able to give more time to it when in Malta.  Would be nice if there was a yarn/craft/café shop   :D  I could visit and meet other like minded people

Yvonne

Ukhillbillies2020 wrote:

Hi,

I should be moving to Malta in Sept/Oct 2020 and would like to know if there are any decent yarn shops there.  I have been crocheting for about 2 years on and off around work commitments and when I'm in the mood but hoping to be able to give more time to it when in Malta.  Would be nice if there was a yarn/craft/café shop   :D  I could visit and meet other like minded people

Yvonne

Are you moving to Malta or Gozo, I don't know about Malta but on Gozo there are craft groups, would imagine there would also be in Malta depending on what area you are moving to.

Hi Gozomo,

We are looking for work and property on Malta but would visit Gozo, so something to look forward to!  I'll have to have a good search to see what I can find.  We are waiting for some legal documentation to finalise before we book our flights.

Best we found when my mother looked was John C Vella Creative World in Mosta, but no real cafe type thing, its just a shop stocked with craft things in every possible corner.

There's a good craft shop in Mosta called Vellas they sell wool, sorry just realized I recommended the same shop, I buy crossstitch items from there.

As well as  the shop in Mosta, there is a large one in Msida next to the church, also a little shop in Qawra just round the corner from Miracle Foods, also Charlies Stationery in Buggiba sells yearn.. There are also many sites on-line that sell craft materials.

I went with a friend to Vellas last week, unfortunately you can only go as far as the doorway so difficult to see what you require, hopefully things will get back to normal soon.