Teaching English in KSA

Hello everyone,  I am currently an English teacher living and working in Italy.  However, I'm seriously thinking about taking a one year contract to KSA as an English instructor.  I have visited countries in the  Gulf and have friends from many countries in the MIddle East and I worked for many years with Arabs in London.  However, living and working in the region is another 'kettle of fish'.

I would be very interested in hearing what any other language instructors and expats have to say on living and working in KSA.  Upping sticks is always a big decision but one like moving to KSA is even bigger than usual.  I suppose that 'culture shock' is sometimes difficult to deal with and boredom can sometimes become an issue.

Looking forward to hearing from any expats in KSA who would like to help me make a decision:D

hi, ksa is good place to work with, are you female or male.

There's plenty written on this forum as well as on Daves ESL Cafe, teachers forum.

Why not read everything (it's called 'doing your homework' lol) and then get back with specific questions? 

Best of luck!

PS.  In case you're not aware, you can use the Google custom search box (upper right hand) to narrow down specific topics.