School administrators

is there anyone going to the uae as a school administrator or are already an administrator in the uae? I'd just like some general info concerning the position and contract...thank you.

Not officially, you?

waiting for the offer

did you interview yet?

Yes, I did early March. Also waiting. Have authenticated all of your documents?

I interviewed late Feb. Haven't authenticated anything yet

Will the offer come before the authentication? I thought our final step was to complete all paper work, upload it, and then wait for the contract? Did you understand it differently? Are you with TeachAway?

Interview went well...recommended by the ADEC people...recruiter said to begin document authentication when offer is made. Unclear about salary (listed up to 29,750 dirhams/month). Standard benefits package...choice of residence.

Are you a principal in CA? I am in MI.

footprints

As I understand the process:

a) offer
b) authenticate documents (could be lengthy depending on amount of docs). since i'm single...I only have me certs and degrees.
c)securtiy clearance check (but I think they do it after offer acceptance).
d)hurry up and wait for itinerary and eticket.

Yes, I am a principal in CA. Everything went well for me too. I was told they wanted to hire me and to finish paperwork and wait for the government to do their thing. Oh, also that we'd have to wait until they finished all the admin interviews. I was quoted the same salary and perks.

Was the position for Principal or VP? They told me that the Emrati's hold the Principal positions and needed training. Gave a number of scenarios for me to solve.

Are you with Teach Away? It seems the only thing that is different in our steps is the authentication process. I was under the impression that when the contract arrives, everything should be ready rather than still having to wait for the authentication (since it is a lengthy process).
I'm going to go back and review my emails from my recruiter.

Oh, now I see. I interviewed for Academic VP. So perhaps there was a difference.

I'm with Footprints. Recruiter said to wait until the offer comes (he figures this week or so) then authenticate my docs. Contract (I believe) comes after everything is completed. I got an offer from Kuwait (I turned down) that I was asked to sign..reading it revealed that the contract was contingent on document authentication. This may be a standard practice. Are you currently working?

Nope...no difference. I interviewed for Academic VP also.

I told the ADEC people that I didn't have a particular choice of placement so I think that I'm looking at Al Gharbia in one of the towns out in the desert.

Hi Egus, I am waiting on a contract to the UAE.  I interviewed with teach away at the beginning of March.  Waiting on a contract or further instruction is I guess what the other blogs referred to as the waiting game.  So here I am waiting, but authenticating documents non the less.

What is supposed to be your start date/month?

My start date is supposed to be August (at least that's what the recruiter keeps alluding to. However, I've noticed conflicting postings from other sites where they advertised the start to be April or May. If true, I don't believe that's a possibility due to the length of time for authentication. I also read somewhere (and I do mean somewhere as I've visited a number of sites and have lost track) that those placed in the western region recieve some sort of additional allowance.

I suppose I should follow suit and begin to authenticate.

Have you heard of ProEx. I used them for authentication, costly, but it gives you piece of mind. The recruiting company recommended them. I sent my documents about a week and a half ago. They have recieved them and they are in the process of being authenticated. I was also told August. I just don't want it to be later. That would be horrible for my current staff and students.

I'll look them up and save myself the legwork. What type of school do you run?

Middle school, grades 6-8. Spent 9 years at the High school level. You?

Pk-8 bilingual school for the past 3 years. we're closing due to budget cuts and declining student population. Certified in CA but haven't had any "real" nibbles so I decided to move my plan of traveling internationally up a few years.

This has also been a plan in the making for me. My son is graduating high school and going to college. The timing is perfect. So you want the desert? I prefer the city, but I'll settle for Al Ain.

From what I've researched, the western region is being built quite rapidly. It's apparently not the hustle and bustle of the major cities and don't mind a nice quiet environment.

That's awesome! Seems there is a place there for people with different life styles. Let's keep in touch.

Yes, the more I research...the more of the diverse lifestyles I learn of. I haven't told my staff of my plans. I'll try help them secure positions before I leave...but many will be "laid off".

anything about a contract yet? nothing here so far...guess it's a game of patience.

hey there how are you. nothing yet; But Im told contracts will come in may. Im fully authenticated and ready to go.

good to hear that you're ready! which documents did you authenticate? I contacted proex and sent them scanned copies of my degree and certificates but I'm not sure if I need to have any other ones authenticated. If I may ask, which ones did you send to them? Also, I read on footprints site that the start date for admin is July 24th rather than August. I run into conflicting information from multiple sites relating to ADEC.

Hi Egus, I sent my documents with proex as well.  I sent the authenticated (from state dept..CA) color copies of my highest degree and administrative certificate.  Pro ex takes those authenticated at the state level documents to the US state dept and UAE embassy to be authenticated and send them back to you..(you provide a return envelope)  I am not sure that scanned copies will suffice as they need to see the actual seals.  (at least that's what we were told through teach away.

Hey there,
I hope all is well. Because Im single and coming alone, I need only authenticate my highest degree and my administrative credential. But first I had to get the originals (color copies) notarized, then take them to the State Building for authentication, then send them through Pro Ex to the US and UAE embassy. your first step would be to get them notarized and authenticated in the state in which you recieved the degree. from there you use Pro Ex. When you get them back from UAE Embassy, you upload them to your recruiter.
I hope that helps. So July, that's awesome! Im ready to go now.

Hi Flimbric
Did you interview for the Academic Vice Principal position as well? By your post I gather you're in CA as drmoni. When did you interview?

Hi

I spoke to ProEx and they said that they'd handle everything from notarizing to the UAE authentication. So I scanned the degree and certificates and emailed it to them. They said in two weeks I'll have it back completed. Also spoke to the recruiter and he said to get the FBI check done. Found a site, fieldprint.com, where they provide the background check for 50 dollars. Turnaround time is 1 to 2 days. I also asked about the July departure advertised on the site...short answer...tentative...as ADEC hasn't solidified any real dates yet. But like you, I'm ready for an adventure and ready to go. Also, I think I'm going to pick up an international driver's license.

Hey there,
Yes, I am going to do the international drivers license also. I hear the process is easy. I think it's awesome that Pro Ex will do everything. Just make sure they have all the steps completed. I had to upload each process to my recruiter (State document, US document, Actual Document and UAE stamp).
I did the FBI check through field prints also. it came back in literally 30 seconds!
What do you plan to pack? Are you taking any of your household items?

Hi drmoni,

Wow, thirty seconds? But didn't you have to go do a livescan fingerprint? Seems as if we're on the same track as far as finishing things and getting ready. As for packing...yes...pretty much. I have everything down to three suitcases and a carry-on. As for household items...not a thing. Sold/selling everything and will donate what doesn't sell. Clothes...suits...and personal items is all I'm taking. Papers and documents that I feel may be beneficial are on a flash drive. I won't be coming back to Michigan.

Hi egus, yes I am in CA, I interviewed in early March with Drmoni.  I am also ready to go, and I only want to take my clothes and most important papers, ie..insurance docs.. will be here with my mom.  Truth be told I could leave next week.  Are you going alone?  I am sponsoring my daughter.

hi flimbric,

Yes, going it alone. I don't have anyone here anymore so...
Are you and drmoni in the same district? Are you currently in a school? If so, what do you run?

yes we are in the same district, I am a high school principal.  hopefully we can all meet up when we get there.