Joining SABIC......some confusions..

Dear Fellow Members,

With the kind of inputs I have gathered from previous posts, I may not want to discuss more on Salaries, cost of living, etc, etc... now that I am sure where I stand with regards to my salary positioning....
Now that the decision to relocate to KSA is final and firm now, I want to  have a clear perspective considering a 2 years working window....

1. Would it be prudent to consider SABIC as an equal opportunity employer.

2. I might be positioned into a junior- middle management level catgegory....what are the chances of moving up within the organization .. off course considering an above average performace display.

and the last...

3. Is housing and transportation major money guzzlers in KSA.... If I try to compare Santacruz-Bandra (in Mumbai) type localities in Riyadh, what shall be the rent structure.
or more so.... what shall be rent for housing near SABIC HQ.... (considering bachelor accomodation ONLY), but offcourse, a little bit upmarket and decently furnished...

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices...

Regards

1. Would it be prudent to consider SABIC as an equal opportunity employer. Yes, Its one of the Nice/Big companies @ KSA.

2. I might be positioned into a junior- middle management level catgegory....what are the chances of moving up within the organization .. off course considering an above average performace display. Very Difficult, But i wont say its Impossible.

and the last...

3. Is housing and transportation major money guzzlers in KSA.... If I try to compare Santacruz-Bandra (in Mumbai) type localities in Riyadh, what shall be the rent structure.
or more so.... what shall be rent for housing near SABIC HQ.... (considering bachelor accomodation ONLY), but offcourse, a little bit upmarket and decently furnished... Housing you will get around 1.5K to 2K/month (decent enough) and Transportation is not a money guzzler but definitely a hassle, you will have to buy your own car to avoid this.

Good Luck :)

Thanks Saimans
For your prompt reply...
However, if. That's the case, where even in global companies like SABIC, if growth is restricted ( esp. From KSA perspective), is money the only criteria for so many professionals continuing to work for so long (> 5 years or more). I guess over few years the professional should get the same salary in his home country as what job in KSA would offer him considering little/no growth.

What's your views on this as you seem to have been in KSA for quite some time.. Views from other fellow members shall be appreciated too :-)

I can talk about my industry, the motivation is only money and in noways it matches with the remuneration we get back in India. And people rarely work more than 5 years at this location, I meant this for Oil and Gas people. And also growth is there, But that's monetary wise !!

Dear

Thanks...I think for time being i just need to go with the flow and concerntrate on my relocation.... :-).
I plan to land in KSA in 1st week of May.... Trust we might catch up sometime.

One more thing..in case I plan to self drive..do I really need an International Drivers Permit (IDP) issued from India, or KSA a different system.

Regards....

Thanks...I think for time being i just need to go with the flow and concerntrate on my relocation.... :-).

Thats the Best thing to do, Just take it easy !! :)

One more thing..in case I plan to self drive..do I really need an International Drivers Permit (IDP) issued from India, or KSA a different system.

You will have to acquire Saudi DL after you will get your IQAMA, in order to drive here