Jobs in Cairo for English???

Hi, I am returning to Cairo in January and am looking for a good job. I would prefer working with other English people. I have childcare qualifications and have had a couple of interviews in Nursery's in Cairo for english teacher but this seems too big of a leap for me, especially as I speak very little arabic, and the salary in terms of how hard the job actually is and the hours i would work was very little. Yes I know this is common in all of Egypt but I know there are places that would pay more for this.

Does anyone know where I could start looking or know of any jobs available? Upon my return I will be living in Giza.

Thanks for any help.

Hello Julie,

Based on my experience with English people in Cairo. I recommend that you google the multinational companies in order to find a comfort place to work in.

specially that most of multinational companies are running with english language as an official language which means you will not suffer with arabic language :D

On the other hand, you can register in websites like linkedin and join egyptian groups
also you can register at website called Bayt

one more thing, if you interested to work at telecommunication company as supervisor or call center. then i might be able to help :)

Regards,
Hazem

hey Mrs. woolf, check this www.harvestcollege.net.. It is Harvest British College for teaching English Courses. It is located at Dokki. Call: 01221053287

job agency there is many job agencies that heir foreigners in egypt
i hope you find the best job

I’m a native English speaker living Nasr City. With extensive experience in Customer Service work.

Hello

I believe you deal with call centers? I am very much interested as I used to work for Barclays Bank Call Center in Manchester UK.

I am willing to relocate to Egypt, Please let me know if your interested.

Kind Regards

Shene

You can start at Vodafone U.K. The place is in Guiza, smart village. I believe that they pay well.

Best of luck

Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla last year
Reason : please post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

send me a message please

hello
why don't you try contacting barclays in egypt ? or any other banks ???
you have experience , and they will apprciate that.
send them your CV ... may be it may take some time , but you may get good news.
wishing you all the best :)

Thank for your kind help much appreciated.

Hey guys...I lived and worked in Alexandria four years ago.  I fell in love with everything about Egypt,  :heart: seriously I did...After attending to an urgent family emergency in my home country after a few months in Egypt, I could not return to my job in Alex, as it was assumed that I was not going to return. (apparently it is a norm for teachers to leave and not return without notification...)My heart was broken, the damage was done, but in all fairness, all was forgiven eventually.  I decided to return to where I had left my heart and my soul...so I applied to every possible school, but with almost no success...well, the success responses from two International Egyptian schools I sadly had to decline, as my eldest daughter would not have been accommodated.  :(
I'm not exactly sure why the Universe was playing such a mean trick on my yearning heart by letting every other country on the planet, from the UAE to China to countries I never knew existed, send me either a Skype invitation for  job offers, or an automatic job offer without interview (because of my exposure to the International Teaching market...) I just felt it was such a mean punishment... :nothappy:  to add salt to my already bleeding wound, just as I was about to give up on returning to Egypt,  I managed to get my first Skype Interview, which went extremely well  :top:  and left my heart a-flurry...only to be told that the job was for an  immediate start and the school had employed someone locally.  For the past four years this had been going on...My heart has very little blood left but she still bleeds to return to her beloved Egypt.  :sosad:   I cannot explain what the drawing power is, but whatever it is, it is calling and I would so love to heed her call...
Sometimes I feel it is such an unfair universe, I want to be in Egypt, I want to be a benefit to all that cross my path, I want to live and retire in Egypt...others who want to be there for whatever other financial gain, with their hearts somewhere else, they get to be there... :(
Today I ask you, dear reader, to forgive my melancholy...I just miss my Egypt more than any other day,  I miss the simplicity and I miss the old uncles I used to greet when I passed them on my way from school,  I miss my wonderful landlord and landlady (they're the best people on the entire planet, I promise )  I miss Fathalla, San Stefano Mall... I'm just sad about it today.  I don't want to wait four more years to return...
Giving up is not an option...one day I shall be there...I just need to be a bit more patient, right? Things happen for a reason and when you as a person, are ready for the change...Take care, Egyptians...love you all forever
Shamila
PS..tomorrow im going to be upset with myself for allowing this pity party to happen...for now I just needed it off my chest, please don't be too upset with me dear reader.