Without an iqama, is my insurance valid?

I live on the east coast in Jubail.
I have a car without an Iqama.
I have a 6 month multiple exit re-entry visa.
It says on my visa "Not permitted to work."
I am a consultant and I am paid directly by a country
outside of KSA.
Avis did not require an Iqama. My visa and foreign DL were sufficient. I have a 2011 Corolla XLI for 2060SAR/Mo. for 6 months.
A 2012 Corolla is 2200SAR/Mo. for 6 months.
I have comprehensive insurance and a deductible of 1500SAR.
My question is, without an iqama, is my insurance valid?
My visa is issued by the Royal Commission who are responsible for enforcing visa regulations set by the gov't (so I've heard).
But a friend that has an iqama tells me that I am driving illegally??

Hi NoIqama and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Riyadh forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Wish you well,
Harmonie.

Being in the country on a visit visa, you can drive the car if you have a foreign DL. Secondly, you have rented a car and the rental company is the one who is responsible for insuring the car. In 99% cases, the cars used by rental companies are insured. So, you are safe on that side.

On the other hand, what is more important for you is the medical insurance. No insurance company in saudia will give you a medical insurance unless you have Iqama. I hope you are carrying Internationale medical insurance, because in case of accident, the car insurance will be taken care of but your own medical treatment will be quite expensive.

Working on a visit visa is illegal, but then again if you are working for Royal commission or government, I'm sure they will take care of it if needed.

NoIqama wrote:

I live on the east coast in Jubail.
I have a car without an Iqama.
I have a 6 month multiple exit re-entry visa.
It says on my visa "Not permitted to work."
I am a consultant and I am paid directly by a country
outside of KSA.
Avis did not require an Iqama. My visa and foreign DL were sufficient. I have a 2011 Corolla XLI for 2060SAR/Mo. for 6 months.
A 2012 Corolla is 2200SAR/Mo. for 6 months.
I have comprehensive insurance and a deductible of 1500SAR.
My question is, without an iqama, is my insurance valid?
My visa is issued by the Royal Commission who are responsible for enforcing visa regulations set by the gov't (so I've heard).
But a friend that has an iqama tells me that I am driving illegally??

Thank you both for the info.
That puts my mind at ease about the car.
And yes, I have medical insurance.