Indian IT Programmer dreaming of Canada...

Greetings from India. Just begun using this forum.

I am thinking of moving to Canada permanently in a couple of years or so. I am a 33 year old single Indian male. I am a Java developer with around 6 years of experience. I quit my last job this may and am not planning to take up any work at all until april.

I have a few questions regarding moving to Canada, and it would be great if you could help me out with them.

How long does the whole process take in India once I start with the application. Can the application be done all by myself or is it better if I go through an immigration consultant/agent. What are the general steps and how much time does each step take? Although I require to show proof of funds for around 11.5k CAD, showing how much would be better?

If I take up employment in another country, say, the Gulf or Singapore, can I apply for Canada from that country.

What is the IT scene like in Canada? What kind of software development jobs are available. I wouldn't mind working in a smaller organisation on slightly less-than-average pay if the work is good.

In your experience, which would be the best place in Canada to look for a Java/Python programming job? What are the monthly expenses in that city, say, if i stay in a 1 room kitchen unit by myself, cook in, and go out like once or twice a week (I am a complete teetotaler, if that helps)? As for my nature, I am not a spendthrift, and can live very well within my means. To begin with, I would not mind starting again at the lowest programming level to gain canadian experience. Also, how much money do you think I will need to save before moving to Canada so that I can survive until I get a decent programming job.

Is it possible to get a Canadian job directly from India before even applying?

How does one go about applying through PNP?

All replies much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi canadadreams & welcome to Expat.com!

Have you browse through the different threads of the forum? It may help you.;)

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you too.

Wish you well,
Harmonie.

Hi,
I work in IT recruitment company. You can send me your CV, we have a lot of vacancies for software developers, some clients except candidates not from Canada and provide visa/work permit.
I will also post some vacancies here in job section.
My mail is: [email protected]
good luck!