5 good reasons for living in Jordan

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Jordan, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

Afther hard thinking ;)

1) the relax life
2) the weather
3) the hospitality
4) no traffic jams
5) the care of family

1.Very Close Distance of my Office

2.Unique food they have (Mulukhiya,Maftool,Mansaf)never had these food before in my life which only in Jordan i can found :)

3.Weather

4.Companion Transportation

5.Cool Hang Out Places :)

funny like everyone looks different at things...
Like: close distance to her office...?
Or: the relax life...? I don`t think it`s so relax as everyone is stressed and if you need some worker at your home to fix something...don`t let me get startet!! Haha

I live in Jordan since 7 years.
Ok, the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Jordan are for me:

1. my husband (making the choice)
2. my children (stay in Jordan)
3. my lovley friends which I never would have met back in my country!
4. already I have to think hard...yeah sorry, many bad things comes to my mind...
Oh ok, here we go:
4. that I have nothing to do with tax papers and bills, everything makes my husband, this make me feel relax.

I think there is no number 5. I was thinking about shopping but no, it`s too expensive with local salary!! I`m sure the expats which have 3000 JD per month will say something else...LOL

@ Om Rydan:

I am not stressed at all and I have not a maid either.
With relax life I mean that you must do nothing, wat you can't do it today, tomorrow will be fine also, or the day after tomorrow, or later...
Relaxing is also for me, like you mentioned before, no worries about taxes or to fill in these papers, back home they have taxes for almost everything!
Or the trust the people will give you, for example: last week I was at the local market to buy fruit and veggies.
I want to pay for something but I had not enough small change and he can't give me back from a ten dinar.
So, the told me that I can take what I want and come back later when I have the change. This is impossible in my country!

@ Primadonna
oh ok, in this way you mean...yes that`s truth ;-)
In my country the same, I mean unpossible! If you have not enough money then you won`t get anything in a shop.
Since when you`re here and in which area you live?

@ Om Rydan: I send you a pm.

Aaaaaahhh,,one more thing :d

I can Hire a maid for reasonable price just to clean up my Apartement and ironing my clothes,,,this is the 6th reason :D:D:D

1.  the wonderful Jordanian people
2.  the food
3.  my great apartment
4.  the views in Amman
5.  sunshine every day for 9 months

mhaynes003 wrote:

2.  the food
3.  my great apartment
4.  the views in Amman

hmmm... view of Amman?? what kind of view? hilltop view?... to me it's all dull brown from my balcony..

Bad luck for you Umm Jacoub :/

umm jacoub wrote:
mhaynes003 wrote:

2.  the food
3.  my great apartment
4.  the views in Amman

hmmm... view of Amman?? what kind of view? hilltop view?... to me it's all dull brown from my balcony..

then you need to get off your balcony.  go to jabal amman in the evening and look over to the citadel.  Come up on Neveen and look over to Suweihla and further out towards Jerash.  People say Amman is dull and monotonous but I find it to be beautiful on many levels.  There is beauty in brown.  I have been here over a year and I never get tired of getting around the city.

mhaynes003 wrote:
umm jacoub wrote:
mhaynes003 wrote:

2.  the food
3.  my great apartment
4.  the views in Amman

then you need to get off your balcony.  go to jabal amman in the evening and look over to the citadel.  Come up on Neveen and look over to Suweihla and further out towards Jerash.  People say Amman is dull and monotonous but I find it to be beautiful on many levels.  There is beauty in brown.  I have been here over a year and I never get tired of getting around the city.

heheeh.. I live near the 3rd circle in Jabal Amman... from my balcony I see clearly Le Royale hotel even then it's brown :P.. if I look from the other end.. I see blue... the blue dome of The King Abdullah mosque :P guess that's the only other than brown colour I see. And you mentioned views of Amman.. Jerash , Sweileh aren't part of Amman. I agree though,  that there are nice places out of Amman.

I am well aware that Suweileh and Jerash are not in Amman.  Two blocks from where I live, in Amman, you can see TO Suweileh on the next hill and beyond that you can see out TOWARD Jerash.  It is a beautiful view IN Amman.  The view you describe in your post sounds awesome to me.  It's a shame that all you can see is brown.  At night the Royal Hotel is different colors, isn't it?