Gyms in Riyadh;

Looking to start work at the KFMC in Jan/Feb 2010. What are the local gym facilities like? Equipment, cost, opening times, availability for westerners etc? Are there any protocols I should be aware of in a gym (dress code and the like)
Hope you can help....

Thanks;

Kev.

There are plenty of gyms and E wortkout Centrs across the city. Most of the five star hotels also provide gym memberships.The only protool IO can think of for men is to wear long shorts that stretch to your knees, in keeping with the dress code ofthe country,rather than skimpy ones.

Costs will vary basedo the facilities offered and also the Class to which the gym beloings to.

Hi there;

Many thanks for that.
Training in shorts down to the knees does not sound fun or practical, but hey ho... when in Rome.
Out of curiosity, I presume running outside requires the same protocol (notwithstanding the temperature)??

Take it easy....

Kev.

exactly. men have to cover that part of their body between the navel and the knees in public. thats the minimum requirement. women have to cover everything excxept their face and their hands.

Many thanks for that.
Will amend my packing list accordingly.

Kev.

women have to cover everything excxept their face and their hands.

Not altogether true, mm.  Women often wear sandals so there is T/A visible (toes and ankles, that is LOL).

As for me, I like to be a seductress so I always have polished toenails (ask Salman .. he noticed and complimented, naughty boy! lol)

The dress code i mentioned is the baseline. However, there is  certyainly some acceptance of shortcomings here and there based on where you are located and who is around. Life is still flexible, even in KSA...

I am attending Body Masters Club and paying 100 USD/month for Gold membership.

Standards of the facilities are quite fine.

You can find swimming, sauna, turkish bath, weight lifting, basketball, tennis, mini football, fitness ( quite impressive ) and may be more in the same address, totally air conditioned.

Membership covers almost all. Also they have further services i.e. eastern massage, barber shop etc. with certain extra payments (optimum).

I hope those will be satisfactory for you.

Have Any one Information about Fitness Club Near exit 15?

how is its feedback?

talking about Gym; it freaks me out.If you talk about ladies gym,then no hope for the middle class gentry :( you would either find it in Specialized hospital or Diplomat quartz.....it is so un fare.....i wish some one can tell saudiz tht going gym is not Sin:mad:

i go to a gym called al diyafah.....great gym with all the right machines....its smaller than most gyms here like masters gym fitness first and bodybuilders but it does the trick.....i was a member of fitness first in dubai and checked the branch out here but the crowd was not that great......

definately get in a good work out in my gym

nonz wrote:

talking about Gym; it freaks me out.If you talk about ladies gym,then no hope for the middle class gentry :( you would either find it in Specialized hospital or Diplomat quartz.....it is so un fare.....i wish some one can tell saudiz tht going gym is not Sin:mad:

You actually can find lots of good gyms for ladies!! i can give u numbers if you want !!!

Please do send the numbers our way I Gained 20kg since i arrived in riyadh its enough I need to get my health back

gigi92 wrote:

You actually can find lots of good gyms for ladies!! i can give u numbers if you want !!!

Please, I would like contacts of women fitness clubs.

Guys can you help me sorting out gyms especially for ladies!!
I'm in desperate need of it.

Thanks for the two abovementioned gym for male. I will try both. I hope i can find a coach who takes care of me and starts guiding to the right way in loosing weight.

I'm not sure of ladies centers but for guys you have BodyMaster, Fitness Time, Fitness First, Al-Khozama Center, Golds, Apple Fitness to name a few.

Ladies fitness clubs:
ALMULTAKA (Rabwa Dist.),
KINETICO (Takhasusi Road),
Impact (in Specialized Medical hospital)
Al Manahil Center (Diplomatic Square)
this is most popular :)

guys, need your help here. i am leaving in Al Maather St near in HyperBanda Takasusi. By any chance, do you know fitness gym in the location and how much?

Hi1 Just to put some $AR to few Gyms/sports i enquired tday in Malaz , HARA :-

1. Al- Yammama hotel [ Malaz] - These guys have a huge sports facility next to them , entrance is thru their gates. Soccer , Volleyball , Basketball [rates didnt enquire] ,  Tennis is for (35 Riyal / hr) , Table Tennis (15/hr) , Swmming Pool ( 20/hr - montlhy it was abt 300 SAR I think).

2. Radisson Hotel [Malaz] - Per month charge of 1250 Riyals for Gym , Sauna & pool. Pool had a SPA ambience... nice..

3. Mariott Hotel [ HARA] - 900/ month for Gym , Pool & Steam, Sauna , apart from that they have Squash Court (50/hr) , Tennis & Table Tennis. They have pretty long pool nicely maintained.