New Arrivals in Kuwait

Good Morning All,

We have now finally arrived in Kuwait and are busy settling ourselves in! My daughter has her assessment for the English School tomorrow and I am busy with interviews to get myself the right job here in Kuwait whilst my wife, who has been here a couple of months, is busy working away in the Food Retail world!!

All is going really well but I just have one question at the minute about TV! Our apartment has satellite TV and we have brought our TV over from the UK. I notice that the TV's in the gym downstairs are all run off a Humax box, which I presume decodes the signal. I have tried a connection direct from the wall to the TV with no luck. Does anyone know if it is a decoder I need? After I have sorted this out I will go about accessing UKTV which I have heard is possible via a small subscription!

Thanks in advance and thanks to all for our nice welcome in Kuwait

Jon

yes, you will need a receiver to decode the satellite upstairs, any make will do, u plug the cable into the receiver and the receiver into your TV, run a search on NileSat and boom, you are in business :)

if your daughter should run into the library at TES, and a kind, orange/red haired lady by the name of Mrs. Burgess is still there, kindly ask your daughter to tell her Ayman Nassar says hello :D

thanks very much legacy, will try and pick one up later in Salmiya, I believe that there is a big electronics shop near the al fanar mall? I am heading to TES with Lily tomorrow so will look out for Mrs Burgess and send her your regards!!

Jon

yes, eureka is right across the street, technically... little further down the road than Fanar :)

Thanks - found one, brought it home only to discover it had a two point pin!! Need adapter added to the list of things to do!!

those are very easy to find; any co-op will stock em :)