Why are there so many lurkers in this forum?

Hey Salman
Looking at your profile i see that we are of the same lot.
I am also raised here in Saudi Arabia, but of Pakistani origin.
And i am also in the IT field.

Or maybe you are one of the many Salmans i know here :D
Anyway where do you stay in Riyadh?

Saqib, Please check your email

musicman
i am here at samba, thing is the hotmail.yahoo.and other stuff is blocked, so i got to wait till i go home and check in the evening :(

Hi Saqid, welcome to the forum!

ps. MM doing Lionel Richie impersonations now?

Alliecat wrote:

Hi Saqid, welcome to the forum!

ps. MM doing Lionel Richie impersonations now?

actually its SAQIB

It's squid to me, baby! :P

Time to re-open this topic because ...

PEOPLE ARE LURKING AGAIN!!!  :mad::mad::mad:

lol

Alliecat wrote:

PLEASE.. speak!! :lol:

It amazes me that a post can have 1,389,220,374 views and only 2 replies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our server located in CHINA ! No where else that much lurker can exist :)

What a figure is that.. 1.4 billion :)

because its one of the most interesting ones

I think I like expat23 :cool:

it just happens

i have to admit  - i lurked once
guilty as noted
will make an effort to be a regular:lol::lol::lol:

I could be wrong yet there are 1600+ hits here

WOW.. it seems YOU also were a lurker, Ray !!!!!!!!!!!

i won't lie - i admit it from the previous comment. At least, it was noted in this forum :):):)

hi everybody i m back after lurking..well what u call lurking plz elaborate..as i kw it means (an address on the Internet where people can talk to each other using email) and read other people's messages without allowing them to know you are present)do u think its a cheating..
@ raylarch and music man..I have appeared here after a long time if u remember..how r u guys going with ur work..I m really enjoying everybody's comments..and musicman i was deeply touched by ur comments about the srilankan's plight.I can only pray for them..and i really wish to meet u guys someday as i live in pakistan.I pray for all the members of the forum to achieve their targets..

Hello again saraandi - yes i think you got yher definition correct unless someone elsecan elaborate.
I'm doing fine. I finally reached Dubai and here I am waiting for my working visa to be process for Riyadh. I'm suppose to leave Dubai on the 14th and arrive in Riyadh the same day.
And I'm sure I will be quit busy trying to settle in.. But will always keep in touch with you guys since I enjoy one another's company.

Hello Alliecat. I have to reply to this one. I'm not a lurker - honest. I joined Expat.com to find something to do at weekends as my shifts are a pain.
I find myself lurking, Ooops, looking through the posts to see what's happening.
I'll get out and about - eventually. LOL.
I have my own motor but have found myself in a "comfortable" rut. There you go - a reply.

Dave

Just the arabs checking what you writting.

I am an American living in the kingdom and would love a true Saudi friend but none
have stepped forward.  I have been in 56 countries and have never experienced a wall
between human beings.   Saudis are not racist.   They have just built a wall that is
100 meters high and no one can climb it.

Comments?

Amadis wrote:

I am an American living in the kingdom and would love a true Saudi friend but none
have stepped forward.  I have been in 56 countries and have never experienced a wall
between human beings.   Saudis are not racist.   They have just built a wall that is
100 meters high and no one can climb it.

Comments?

I've commented on this before. Saudi's are warm and gracious people and I have many work friends, but that's where it ends--doesn't extend beyond work.  It could be that they are so busy with their extended families they don't have time for new people; it could be that their families would fronwn upon their friendship with a foreigner.  I don't know.  But I do agree, in essence, with what you said above.