IKIS School

I have been offered a teaching job at this school in Riyadh.  It sounds okay... a few questions that I'm waiting to hear back on.

Anybody have any more information about it?

Hello DarylM.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Maybe you should ask your questions so as to get fully detailed answers.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie

I have asked the school to answer my questions of course, but I was interested if anyone had more general knowledge about the school or experience applying to or working there.

It's alright Aurélie.

@DaryIM,
IKIS is not a very well-known school in the town. We have a lot of people here in the teaching profession. I wish someone from this particular institution would enlighten us.

One thing that must help: Do ask on these forums about the reputation of your recruitment agency. Some of them are quite ill-reputed.

Thanks for that response.  I know from looking at this and other forums that there are many bad recruiters out there, not just in Saudi but all over the world in this profession.  It does pay to research and ask questions.

I was just hoping someone had worked for this school or knows someone who does as they seemed very sincere and pleasant in a Skype call but my 'dodgy outfit radar' is beeping though I can't say exactly why.

I've woken up to two new interviews invitations not in Saudi, so maybe it will not be an issue after all.

Hi darryl. I just spent the last half hour typing out a private msg and for some strange reason, it cannot send to ur inbox!!
Anyway, if ur still considering the IKIS offer, I'd be more than welcome to give u my personal experience with the school - do keep that radar on high alert and u might want to consider that beeping!!!

Hi there Princess Sunshine - don't worry, your message did get through - six times! :)

I will pm you back later today but thank you, your information confirms my instincts.