Help needed for an Aussie girl to stay in France

Hi there,
i'm french and my girl friend is australian, living in Sydney...

We are looking for a way that allows her  to stay in France for more than three months so she can study french.We also think about getting married...
Please help, the french embassy in Sydney is so difficult to talk with!
Thanks for helping...http://ambafrance-au.org/Long-Stay-Visitor-visa

She is asked to provide evidence of sufficient financial resources: recent bank statement(s) and professional advice from accountant, bank manager or financial adviser... so we decided to open a bank account in France because she's unemployed but how mush money do we have to put on it?

From my side, i am asked:a signed letter from with copy ID + copy of recent utility bill + proof of ownership ... do i have to provide the original documents too??

Hello Thiburce and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

If she wants to study French,why doesn't she just enrole on a French for foreign students program?It seems the easiest way to get a visa.

Hi,

I'm Australian and my boyfriend is French, and we've been in your situation!

The French consulate website is very thorough, and information on all the visa options available to Australians can be found there.

I don't know all your details but for starters, the easiest ones to look into are:
- working holiday visa
- student visa (not available to those wishing to study French with a language school)
- long-stay visitor visa (without work)

I'm here on a long-stay visitor visa, as I study French at a language school. The visa was easy to organise, and took less than 2 weeks to arrive.

Good luck with everything, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions :)

Jayde

Thanks Jayde, i hope it will work!
Actually, the biggest problem is to book an appointment at the French ambassy of Sydney due to their new funny system ( you cannot go straight, u need to use the website to book an appointment but there is no time slot avalaible before the end of July!!!)
Thib

hi.

i have been in a similar situation a few years ago. in my opinion the best is to apply for a working holiday visa (this lasts for one year).  she will be able to work casually and stay for a period of 1 year.

http://www.ambafrance-au.org/Working-Ho … sa-Generalhttp://www.ambafrance-au.org/Working-Ho … quirements

if you have all paperwork completed and organised it is quite simple to obtain.

i hope this helps a little.
Nicole.

You don't get anything with that, except if that leads to a +5years  state recognized superior degree, up to you to reach the goal but it's anything but result guaranted
( needless to mention the financial cost of such studies and living costs, one of my previous work mate who was russian went through that, ended going back to russia and eventually came back to France to marry a french guy, but she is fooling him, he thinks she loves him, she doesn't, to me a marriage of convenience is more honest)

talatta wrote:

If she wants to study French,why doesn't she just enrole on a French for foreign students program?It seems the easiest way to get a visa.