Divorce In Egypt!!

ash_smy wrote:

If you didnt get married in the church you can get a divorce.

If one partner is foreign you cannot marry in a church

And if both are Orthodox divorce is impossible

Just to clarify as my previous reply was from my phone and I could not write a lengthy clarification.

Marriages that take place at Ministry of Justice are NOT CIVIL MARRIAGES.

They are complete religious marriages which are as follows:

1- If the husband is Muslim, Muslim law applies, regardless of wife's religion (and in that case, she can only be Muslim, Christian or Jewish).

2- If the husband AND wife belong to the same religion, their religion's law applies. So if both are Orthodox, Orthodox Church laws in Egypt take effect.

3- If husband does not share the same religion and sect with the wife (e.g.: Orthodox and Catholic, Christian and Jewish ...etc.), Muslim law applies.

So in the aforementioned case, the wife is Orthodox, the husband is Orthodox. There is NO divorce, except in the case of proven adultery .....

u r totally right The Egyptian thanks for the clarification

Hi I am Moroccan looking to divorce from Egyptian husband. We got married in Egyptian consulate in Dubai... What's the fastest way to get divorce? He ran away from uae, and I would prefer not to have to go to Egypt for divorce procedures. Can it be done without me having to be there? Can I ask an alawyerto represent me?

Fighter1980 wrote:

Hi I am Moroccan looking to divorce from Egyptian husband. We got married in Egyptian consulate in Dubai... What's the fastest way to get divorce? He ran away from uae, and I would prefer not to have to go to Egypt for divorce procedures. Can it be done without me having to be there? Can I ask an alawyerto represent me?

Yes for sure you can do it,but you need to trust the Lawyer.

New Question:
Husband Muslim, me Christian, we married in Cairo M of J.
18 months later he divorced me by mouth, then went to M of J in Cairo and put it to paper on a Irrevocable Divorce, I was not there to sign, no one signed for me.  He had papers translated and stamped off my Ministry of Foreign Affairs......  he did not take me back.  I have proof of him doing this via emails.    Once the U.S.  The U.S. Embassy said they will notarize the translation of the certificate from the the Ministry of Justice and the authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs,  BUT is this a FINAL divorce and LEGAL in USA?  I know it is legal in Egypt.    Keep in mind when he married me there, he was not fully divorced from his wife, he only did a 1st Revocable Divorce, never finalized it, I never knew this when we married,  so our marriage was not legal in USA,due to Polygamy not accepted in USA,   AND the U.S. Embassy never stamped off our marriage cert. I just never had them do it..

FIGHTER 1980

Are you in the USA? If so, you can file here. If he is willing to sign the papers and give you divorce, he can sign a Wavier in front of a Notary at the U.S. Embassy, since the divorce will take place in the USA if you are here.........

If your husband is willing to give you a divorce in Egypt, have him file at Ministry of Justice, and give your Power of Attorney to a trusted friend there to sign the divorce papers for you..... the lawyers I've delt with there were crooks. and charged 5 time more then a lawyer in the USA.

I feel for the ladies in these cases because mostly they have fallen in love and are blind to the fact that for some (and I stress some, not all) Egyptian husbands, it is purely a financial arrangement to better themselves and there families. It is certainly thriving industry in Hurghada. You will see many ladies 50-80 with 20-40yr old Egyptian men. Very sad but for a lot of men this is seen as their only chance of advancement. Poverty twists so much.

Египетские мужчины нежны, но лишь немногие мужчины должны быть вежливыми)

P

mila6 wrote:

don moe, what u mean with most of ur frends hav this problem? Most of egyption didnt choose his wife, family arange maridge, then nobody is happy

i just meant my expat friends.

Hi Cleopatra.Girl,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Can you please post in English on the Anglo phone Forum so as the other members can understand your message :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Where do you have to go to get this divorce absentia.

How much does it cost.

I understand it is 3 months till final.  Do you have to go anywhere to get a paper to say it is final

Many thanks

it could take up to 5 years or even more in Egypt

Oh thats not what we have been told

No - On the whole divorce here is much quicker than anywhere else - it is actually part of the religion (if you are Muslim) so it hasn't been made as difficult as possible (like in the catholic church).
The longest period is the wiating period to see if the woman is pregnant by her Husband or not.

He has seen his "wife" since the day they married.   He can't even find her.  But it was written into the contract that if he divorces her he has to pay 50,000Egy £.  How does he do that if he can't find her

Hi.. I went to Egypt June 5 2010,married a man there. .. June 15 2010. I moved back to Canada April 14th 2011 still married in hopes to bring him here. He divorced me some time,  without me knowing, in Egypt sometime 2012.
He scanned the certificate to me translated in English.
Am I divorced in Canada?
How do I get divorced if not?
And I want to marry a man in Egypt in two months or so,  how do I do that if I am divorced?
What is needed and what do I do if I'm not divorced.i will be getting married in Egypt. Thank you

you will end up in prison for bigamy / adultery - worst case scenario

biffy wrote:

you will end up in prison for bigamy / adultery - worst case scenario

OMG!

Ahhahaha why to maried Egyption again? One failure w Egyption was not enough?:(

It is normal and legal that egyption man push his wife during maridge to write in d contract that she dont wona anything to be paid to her??

as far as i know, it is written that she will get money after any divorce!
thats normal and fair

U mean some prozentige of his salary evry month or some money regardless this? Bcs in contract he push me to not ask for anything ...Now he wonna divorce and i dont know even where to start search for  some lawyer..

not a percentage, it is a specific amount of money, he and you must write it, but some men do not mention it in contract or even hide it.

it should be a big amount!

Did u become my privat message?

mila6 wrote:

Did u become my privat message?

yes i got your message and i replied.

So am I divorced or?

Hahhahha Allison, as i know if u r maried only in Egypt than he can divorce u, if u registered this maridge in ur country than u r not, he must come there to divorce u

mila6 wrote:

he must come there to divorce u

I don't think this could be true... If you got married in Egypt u can get divorced in Egypt. But indeed make sure you ARE actually divorced before getting married again ;)

Caty

Hi new here came across your posts whilst looking for some answers.

I have a friend who has given birth to twin girls she already has a little girl about 3 years old.Her husband has now decided to divorce her,can he do this.

I am horrified by his actions can a court refuse the divorce or is there something she can do.

Any suggestions please.

Kerry

Question:
I married my Egypt husband May 2011 at M of J in Cairo
He was just divorced from his first wife, a First Irrevocable divorce, and she did not sign.

Moving forward. He utters the words I divorce you November of 2012 in our marriage.

April 2013 he puts it to paper as a Irrevocable Divorce, I was not there to sign. He had it
all stamped off, translated and more stamps.  The U.S. Embassy will do their stamping in November when he goes there.  He did not take me back, and he has the paper from the Civil Status Dept.  Im waiting to see it.

He returned to his (first) wife sometime I guess before her Iddat was over when he divorced her May 2011.  so that there kills our marriage in USA, fine. But still it was legal in Egypt.

Question is. What did is considered the date of  our divorce?  Nov. 2012 when he said the words?, OR, April 2013 when he put it to paper?

its difference now in Egypt much easier

Hi
Can I please ask if a muslim man is married to and english woman in egyptian law but they live seperately , ie her here and him in egypt and are seperated, can he marry another english national and what tpye of divorce is required, if at all?
Where does the english nationals stand also?
Thank you in advance.

YES he can, he can have up to 4 wifes at a time, as long as he can support them......

YES easy for men to divorce in Egypt........

but not sure what is the actual date of my divorce, any idea?

Thanks but does the first wife have to agree? And is that the Egyptian embassy that will allow what about the English embassy with both wives being English? Sorry just this is my situation .

I think its not possible, bcs when i maried my husband must bring to my embassy document that he is divorced. Other way,thay would not alow mariadge!