NOC Saudi Arabia

It's been two weeks i arrived from Scotland to Jeddah. I been offered a job in KSA i got my visa from London. I got another better job in Saudi Arabia. I am still on probation period how i can change my employer from my current company to new company while stay in Jeddah or do i have fly back to UK and get another new visa?

TLL is the best person to wait for with this - but I believe if you have iqama already you will have to go home and reapply as you are supposed to wait 2 years before transfer but perhaps as you still on probation you dont have this yet maybe and can move over. I expect your current employer will want their cost back - I had heard of people paying their salary for probation period to the company and paying their own ticket home so it could be costly - make sure you get all this understood and cleared up with both employers before making a plan. You don't want to be in a situation where you leave one position only to find that a new employer are now not able to take you ... Good luck hope it all works out for you

i dont have a iqma yet, i will get one once the probation period is over if my new employer does not like me i believed i can move over?

Like I said - I'm not really certain - The Ledgend Leads will no doubt be around later and he is good with this stuff so he will help out. BTW it is rare for employer to say at the end of probation we dont like you so long as you make it through without a complete f... up your good to stay - normally they will get rid before that period is up and it can be quite quick. They obviously wont want to drag it out and keep paying you if they dont want to keep you

I will wait a friend of your who can respond me on this question it is already stated in the contract letter during the probation period candidate or employer can leave each other. I have a better offer with good money from new company around about 50,ooo Saudi riyals currently i am having 30K.I don't want to loose a chance :)

Ah well it's a no brainer then - thats a big difference ... you can always ask the new employer about this anyway if you didnt want to let current one in on the plans yet. They will know all the legalities and if they want you they make sure they get you ;)

You're right but if they don't want then they will keep so it is better i will give them a shock of NOC :) and move with new one every body looks for better salary

Yes, during the probation period, any of the parties can terminate the contract. But what happens (in KSA) after probation period is over? Your iqama is issued and you get under the sponsorship of the company who hired. And in KSA, there is a law that you can't quit from the employer for ONE year.

That's why most companies now issue a short-term business visa to assess the capabilities & compatibilty of the potential employee.

For senior positions, the probation period does end in 3 months. In fact, the employer feels it a little weird to ask a senior person to leave before the specified period (unless there is a serious problem).

Your best bet: Check with the other employer the availibility of a visa back in Scotland. Leave and get back.

I believe your company is delaying the processing of Iqama for the completion of evaluation period; Isn't it? Let them hold it :)

NOC: You don't need an NOC to go out and come back on a new visa.

Hope it helps :)

Yes you are right once i get iqama and resigned it means i will have to return back to UK and wait for a year if there is no noc is given by employer, during probation period i can return back resign and apply with new visa from UK and come back here again.

No James, you got me a bit incorrect. Once you get your Iqama, you'll have to wait for 1 year with THIS employer before you could ask him for a sponsorship change.

If you get your iqama and you resign, you'll go back losing end-of-service benefits (if any) and buying your own ticket (I guess). Reaching UK, you may start the new visa process without any wait times.

NOC used be applicable in the past. It's not required any more.

I have not get my iqama for iqama i need to finish probation period of 3 months then my employer will process that paper work in Saudi Arabia for iqama. I have new company offer letter available as i given interview with them on 2nd day when i arrived here i got job offer yesterday i have signed the contract now my question is that should i resign my current job and leave to UK or my new company will change my visa from current company to them within Saudi Arabia

Firstly, that depends on your current company. They have to take decision in this regard. Secondly, you are in a transition phase; work visa but in process yet (because of pending Iqama). Things can be really hard.
I suggest asking the new company for a visa and have a round-trip to UK.

Thanks legend i will ask them let them know my situation surely they would agree to help me out and release me from this company.

Hi Legend thanks for your advise i resigned from my current company they were little shock, my new visa is in process in London once it will get process i will come back again:)

Great! Tx for keeping us posted.
~ All the Best ~

Hey legend, is there someplace i can check to get this policy of no necessary NOC in writing? I have an aramco interview next week and they are asking if i will be able to get the NOC and my company may not be willing to provide one. So i want to go to the interview prepared with documentation proving the law is no longer relevant.

Thanks

The no requirement of NOC was a ministerial decision and you might not find it written any where. Officially NOC requirements have been removed after the introduction of finger printing and photographing. Those were introduced as an effective measure to combat the forgeries that were happening with NOC.

By NOC, Aramco might be meaning Final Clearance or Release letters. Better to speak to the HR there and verify this information and inform about "No NOC" any more.

Thanks for the quick and authoritative response. I guess what i want is some way to prove to aramco or whoever asks that it is not required. Im sure you know that my word will mean little in this process.  .  . This has been very helpful though.

So is there anything i may be able to reference if/when they ask?

Thanks again

Dear Legend,

Just one question:

If I need to change a job in Saudi at any point of time i.e. even before the completion of my contract term, would I need any sort of consent from the current employer in Saudi (consent in the sense like release or NOC?)?

I am asking this question as I plan to work there in the near future and want to know my options in the case where I want to change my job.

Thanks.

Dear Legend,

Just one question:

If I need to change a job in Saudi at any point of time i.e. even before the completion of my contract term, would I need any sort of consent from the current employer in Saudi (consent in the sense like release or NOC?)?

I am asking this question as I plan to work there in the near future and want to know my options in the case where I want to change my job.

Thanks.

Dear ,

Please let me know what happened to your Aramco hiring process, did they ask for NOC ?

Regards
Syed

Dear All

please let me inform that after entering in to KSA ,clearing all immigration, their is any need for NOC  from previous employer for iqama and other process???
or
there is no need of NOC now.????

Ali khan

- If you are coming to Saudi Arabia for the first time. Would the employer need the NOC from your previous employer?
It's not legal requirement. Generally they don't but they can ask if it's either company policy or they suspect something wrong.

- If you are coming to Saudi Arabia NOT for the first time. Would the employer need the NOC from your previous employer?
NOC is not legally required by embassy /employers. It WAS required with the submitted documents to the embassy in your home country. For several years now, the requirement is no more in place. Again - generally an employer will not ask unless if it's either company policy or they suspect something wrong.