British School of Brussels

Hello ~ I am wondering if any of you could share your experiences of the British School of Brussels and give me an idea of the costs of the school per term.  My daughter is a 14-year old who is currently doing well in a school in London. I am looking at moving and want as much info as possible before I make my decision. Many thanks.

Good morning claiborne and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope you'll get some useful info soon!

Francesca

You will find the fees structure on the school's website, plus plenty of information about academic courses and social life there. If you are paying for yourself, unless you are on a 100k net salary per year, you will find the fees very expensive.
http://www.britishschool.be/

Here is a map of all international schools in the greater Brussels area - BSB is not the only one which caters for 11-16 year olds.

http://batchgeo.com/map/0777fe5f939fe09 … 91ceee1066

Hello Francesca and thank you for my welcome.  Hello Schoolmum and thank you for the links ... yes, sadly the British School is out of my league yet I will take a look at the ones tucked in the other link.  I am keen she keep up her good marks and momentum within a British educational system yet she is well-placed to move into a more international structure perhaps.  Thanks again to you both.

To be honest Belgium schools are better than ones in UK anyway

be very very wary of a certain school near the centre of Brussels which offers a part English education, I won't name it on here, but know lots of ex children of the school.

If you are planning on moving to Brussels for work and are paying fees yourself and your income is less than 100k net per year, then I'd recommend a UK state boarding school as an alternative to an international school in Belgium. State UK boarding costs as little as £8000 per year, once you take off food and extra-curricular included in that price, it is cheaper than the cheapest international school here. There are some fantastic UK state boarding schools, but if looking for year 10 in September 2012, you might already be too late.

Schoolmum ~ thank you for your thinkings / it is clear to that you re a seasoned School Mum with some interesting experiences that mirror some of the solutions that i am considering ... would you be kind enough to be in touch via email?  mine is   [email protected]   - we may communicate without slandering anyone! all good wishes