Looking for a job in Cairo

Hello.....

I am a Ukrainian woman living in Cairo. I am married and living with my husband.

Lately I have been looking for a job. Preferably in East Cairo (Nasr City, Heliopolis, New Cairo ...etc.)

I can speak Russian and Ukrainian .... Basic English (this post is double-checked by my husband) ....

I have a five-year residence visa so getting a visa is not of concern to me .....

I think a career in hospitality would be more convenient.

Please let me know where to look.

You can't work with this visa, so your employer has to arrange for a work visa...

Geely wrote:

You can't work with this visa, so your employer has to arrange for a work visa...

Hi Geely ... thanks for your reply. I am Elena's (the original poster) husband.

You are kinda right but not altogether :)

Actually there is another path (and I have experience with this, with another friend's wife who had the same visa). Employers can get a work permit (not a work/residence visa) on top of this residence visa (which - as you said - states that work is not permitted) .... I asked in Mogamma3 in Tahrir and they told me that this means that the visa does not implicitly allow work but however does not prevent getting a work permit from the Labor office.

also wives of Egyptian nationals are one of the categories exempt from the condition of "crowded" professions (sorry for the literal translation, anyways it means professions that have too many unemployed Egyptians and hence foreigners are not permitted to work in them)

very confusing..why would anyone on earth post a message from his *wife* account and reply back with an answer from his own?eh?does it make sense at all?..why wont you just make a topic from your own account like (my ukranian wife is looking for a job) or similar?or just keep using her account to reply back?

You are Egyptian right?So you should know how to get a job in Cairo..People on forums will just redirect you to the job offering websites...
Go to places,ask people if they require anyone,let your wife send pm to russian-ukranian people in russian-ukranian language on this blog and ask them what do they do,maybe they can help...
Knowing little english is a big problem especially in a profession like hospitality...

dmx87 wrote:

very confusing..why would anyone on earth post a message from his *wife* account and reply back with an answer from his own?eh?does it make sense at all?..why wont you just make a topic from your own account like (my ukranian wife is looking for a job) or similar?or just keep using her account to reply back?

You are Egyptian right?So you should know how to get a job in Cairo..People on forums will just redirect you to the job offering websites...
Go to places,ask people if they require anyone,let your wife send pm to russian-ukranian people in russian-ukranian language on this blog and ask them what do they do,maybe they can help...
Knowing little english is a big problem especially in a profession like hospitality...

I did not post a message from my wife's account and reply back from my own ...... Let me make it clear. She posted from her account, I proof-read it for her.

Now I answered from my account because I saw Geely's reply and I am at work.

And, I am not a new member here or a "player" ..... and many people here have met me with my wife in the first paintball game arranged here. amarakl, malsi, don moe .... and so many others .... so yes she's real and not fictional.

Last but not least it was my idea for her to post here to try to find something. Any lead would be appreciated.

Sharming wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:

also wives of Egyptian nationals are one of the categories exempt from the condition of "crowded" professions (sorry for the literal translation, anyways it means professions that have too many unemployed Egyptians and hence foreigners are not permitted to work in them)

This is really useful information 'Egyptian', thank you.  I will be moving to Cairo soon and getting married (to an Egyptian).  I am hoping to transfer my job to our Cairo branch.

Good Luck to your wife in finding a job :)

Thanks Sharming. Wishing you and your would-be husband all the best of luck with your trip, marriage and finding a job here.

The Egyptian wrote:

I did not post a message from my wife's account and reply back from my own ...... Let me make it clear. She posted from her account, I proof-read it for her.

Now I answered from my account because I saw Geely's reply and I am at work.

And, I am not a new member here or a "player" ..... and many people here have met me with my wife in the first paintball game arranged here. amarakl, malsi, don moe .... and so many others .... so yes she's real and not fictional.

Last but not least it was my idea for her to post here to try to find something. Any lead would be appreciated.

I didn't accused you of anything,especially --> fictional wife :)))  everything just was not clear to me ;) 2 accounts same poster,question- answer :S
good luck with the job for your wife!
Its a little bit hard to start here..and takes a lot of time..but i guess you know that ;)

dmx87 wrote:

I didn't accused you of anything,especially --> fictional wife :)))  everything just was not clear to me ;) 2 accounts same poster,question- answer :S
good luck with the job for your wife!
Its a little bit hard to start here..and takes a lot of time..but i guess you know that ;)

No problem :) ...... thanks and yes it's a little bit hard

[Moderated: Please post in Jobs in Cairo section]