Matter of Expat health

Dear Expats,

Those of you reading the news will be aware that a current matter being discussed gravely affects all expats in Kuwait, and that is the subject of medical care.

Today, there was a rather disgusting article written by a narrow minded person ([email protected] , who's email is found right here after her post which unfortunately is only in Arabic here)

What she is requesting is a medical care facility for nationals only, yes nationals only (her words, first point in her diatribe), expats will have nothing to do with it.

I wonder if it will also be staffed by Kuwaitis only, from attending doctors to nurses to janitors as well, or will those expats be allowed in? Good enough to work there but not be treated there?

The current state of medical care in Kuwait, in the public sector at least, is deplorable. you pay 50KD annually for health care (even if you do not use it) to renew your visa, there is even talks of making that amount 130KD now. Most people are already heading toward private medical care, which if your company provides decent insurance, is a much better alternative.

What do you as an expat think of the idea of building hospitals for expats only and ones for nationals only?

Also, seeing as how this is a blog for expats, and that the lady from above shamelessly posted her email after finishing her article, i think she would be interested in your feedback.

Similarly before, there was another writer by the name of Khalid Al Jefnawi who also wrote a racist piece on how "expats encroach on the rights of citizens" (link) however he has since seen the error of his ways and wrote a nice article about how expats are alright, it was published in EEK! magazine.

TTFN,

Head Poncho in Q8,

Don't mind these morons. All they do is talk, they are just in love with the sound of their own voice.

I don't even recommend sending her any email, she's no one to talk to.

its infuriating how her article is entitled "The Golden Age of Kuwait",,

like moe said...its talk...similiar to giving bedoons Kuwaiti citizenships...its talk ...:D

If the annual fee becomes 130 KD...people will most deff move to private even if employers don't provide private insurance...

ur right Auzzy, but what u dont see is that the 130KD is not optional, its mandatory when ur renewing your residency :P

i have that MOH card, I get it everytime I renew my residency, I also have a private insurance card, I keep that in my wallet, and the MOH one (grey) is tossed somewhere at home.

when u tell someone who earns <200KD they have to pay 130KD for medical insurance, its quite a blow to their finances.

True that....that's the UGLY truth!

Just ignore her

thanks bro, will do, keep up the excellent contributions :)

public clinics and hospitals are not that much caring.

please post that in the Business Directory section

And then there's the old saying "if you dont like it, leave", no one is forcing expats to stay in Kuwait. It is actually turning into another Dubai but unfortunately citizens do not have other emirates to move to in order to escape the invasion.

lol "if you dont like it leave", seriously?