Cabin crew Emirates

Hello everyone, I'm 27 years old tunisan girl I'm interested in a cabin crew position in Emirates, can anyone tell me please if wearing lences can be a problem for application?
thank you in advance

I'm sure pushing the trolly up and down on a plane is a lot less taxing on the eyes than driving the thing...

!!!

meaning that I've seen loads of blokes with 3 or 4 gold rings on their jacket sleeves who wear glasses...

I'm talking about my self as a cabin crew

why don't you ask them?

Just to inform you Sandman6 that you are :offtopic:, could you please let those who have the answer reply?

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

Go along to the recruitment day in Tunis. Towards the bottom of the page....

EMIRATES RECRUITMENT DAYS

thank you!

But they don't mention..

lolitta wrote:

But they don't mention..

I was on an EK flight from Dubai to Birmingham yesterday...one of the trolly girlies was wearing eye glasses throughout the flight. This surely answers your question.

am a crew with EK....yes you are allowed to wear lenses but u also have to bring along ur glasses just in case. It's no problem. I wear lenses, They will do an eye test on you when you join. And EK clinic will issue a letter for u to bring along to work, stating that you need eye glasses. Thing is, in air eyes will get quite dry so sometimes some crews do wear glasses to work

ok I see Sandman6, thank you :)

Thank you very much rebecca_lass
but is there any limit for the myopie?
thak you in advance Rebecca :)
have a good day

lolitta wrote:

Thank you very much rebecca_lass
but is there any limit for the myopie?
thak you in advance Rebecca :)
have a good day

Hi,I have myopia and I think it is a very common thing now days. Airlines would be silly to single out potential crews coz of that. As i explained, an eye test will be done on you at the clinic when EK has accepted you. If your myopia is serious, they will issue a letter for u, stating that you have to bring ur eye glasses to work. Just as long as you dont have colour blindness, it's fine

no I haven't a colour blindness, thank you very much Rebecca :)
have a nice day

Thank you so much Thomas

Hey, Just checked out on the rules and regulation for the cabin crew and its seems that you are allowed to wear lenses unless you have too severe optic impairment.. So you can leave the worries a side :)

Charlesmooredmh wrote:

Hey, Just checked out on the rules and regulation for the cabin crew and its seems that you are allowed to wear lenses unless you have too severe optic impairment.. So you can leave the worries a side :)

I think you missed the boat (or plane) on that one.  By about eight months ;)

Yes my friend... you join today in dubaicrew.com

Hi there,

Yes they hire potential candidates even if they wear lenses. Please visit www.gcaa.gov.ae and check out the requirements for Class 1 Aero medical test which is putforth by General Civil Aviation Authority in UAE. This test is required for cabin crew whereas for Deck crew they must undergo much tougher test ( CLASS 3).

All the best.

Globetrotter_dxb wrote:

Hi there,

Yes they hire potential candidates even if they wear lenses. Please visit www.gcaa.gov.ae and check out the requirements for Class 1 Aero medical test which is putforth by General Civil Aviation Authority in UAE. This test is required for cabin crew whereas for Deck crew they must undergo much tougher test ( CLASS 3).

All the best.

Thank you for the information! :)

Hello))) does anyone know when Emirates are going to have an open day in Dubai? or maybe another airline that will have an open day in UAE)) thank you in advance))):)

The Best way is to go to the airline website

send your cv to [email protected] or [email protected] for eitihad airways cabin crew open day!!

cheers ..

Hi everyone, pls can anyone help me with a job in the aviation sector in Dubai? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Mottyqueen

Best you go onto the airlines websites and submit your CV to them

Thanks alot, av done that but i need someone who works in any to update me on any job openings.

Cabin crew or flight attendants wear eye contacts and eyes glasses all the time :)

Airlines should understand that we are humans not robots ;)

Thank you guys all of you ;)