Goedamorgen from Maastricht, Netherlands

Hi all, I'm Amanda and I'm an American expat living in Maastricht, the Netherlands with my husband and two US cats.  We've only been here a couple of months but are enjoying it.  I'd be interested in meeting other expats who live in this area; although I don't speak any Dutch yet (only English).

Welcome on board Amanda!

Why did you move to the Netherlands?

Well, I've wanted to live in Europe for a while so when my husband was offered a job with the University of Maastricht, we jumped at the chance.

Hi Amanda,

Maastricht is a fabulous, fun old Dutch city!  I am sure you will enjoy yourself there if you are open to having an adventure and look on the humorous side of life.  I hail from the Netherlands but am married to an American.  We have lived in a number of exotic places and the way to enjoy life is to be tolerant and not think things should be the way you are used to, but to have an open mind and look for the fun.  Het allerbeste!

Miss Footloose
www.lifeintheexpatlane.blogspot.com

Hey Amanda, welcome !
I have family near Maastricht (in Meerssen) and it's lovely indeed.

Thank you for the welcomes & well wishes.  We've been doing a lot of wandering around Maastricht in search for Kringloop winkels (I've bought some furniture second hand) and old walls.  I wish we could spend more time in cafes, but the husband doesn't drink coffee. :rolleyes: